Correct order of Orbx TE GB entries in scenery_packs.ini

MrScott

On 10/16/2018 at 4:06 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

select the line you want to move, cut it, select where you want it to be, select the entry above

the location, press enter and a space will appear.

Paste into that space and save the file.

Nick,

Based on what John V. said earlier about "Scenery Order" do you see any issues with mine? I ask I am getting the following errors (posted from X-Plane's "Log.txt" file first). Not sure I these are of any concern but I wanted to check with an expert moderator before troubling Tech Support. Thanks.

Excerpt from my LOG.txt file in the X-Plane Root folder....

0:00:00.035 D/HID: HID Bridge Running
0:00:44.755 I/NAVT: Airspaces are done loading async...
Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_KVUO_Pearson_Field/plugins

Loaded: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_KVUO_Pearson_Field/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.Orbx_A_KVUO_Pearson_Field).

Initializing off screen memory.
Initializing off screen memory complete.
WARNING: the named light apt_beacon_white_mil_glow does not exist.
ERROR: object Resources/default scenery/sim objects/apt_beacons/beacon_mil.obj has a bad light name: apt_beacon_white_mil_glow
WARNING: the named light apt_beacon_white_mil_axial does not exist.
ERROR: object Resources/default scenery/sim objects/apt_beacons/beacon_mil.obj has a bad light name: apt_beacon_white_mil_axial
ERROR: object Resources/default scenery/sim objects/apt_beacons/beacon_mil.obj has a bad light name: apt_beacon_white_mil_axial
ERROR: object Resources/default scenery/sim objects/apt_beacons/beacon_mil.obj has a bad light name: apt_beacon_white_mil_glow
WARNING: the named light apt_beacon_yellow_glow does not exist.
ERROR: object Resources/default scenery/sim objects/apt_beacons/beacon_heliport.obj has a bad light name: apt_beacon_yellow_glow
WARNING: the named light apt_beacon_yellow_axial does not exist.
ERROR: object Resources/default scenery/sim objects/apt_beacons/beacon_heliport.obj has a bad light name: apt_beacon_yellow_axial
ERROR: object Resources/default scenery/sim objects/apt_beacons/beacon_heliport.obj has a bad light name: apt_beacon_yellow_axial
ERROR: object Resources/default scenery/sim objects/apt_beacons/beacon_heliport.obj has a bad light name: apt_beacon_yellow_glow
ERROR: object Resources/default scenery/sim objects/apt_beacons/beacon_seaport.obj has a bad light name: apt_beacon_yellow_glow
ERROR: object Resources/default scenery/sim objects/apt_beacons/beacon_seaport.obj has a bad light name: apt_beacon_yellow_axial
ERROR: object Resources/default scenery/sim objects/apt_beacons/beacon_seaport.obj has a bad light name: apt_beacon_yellow_axial
ERROR: object Resources/default scenery/sim objects/apt_beacons/beacon_seaport.obj has a bad light name: apt_beacon_yellow_glow

Truncated excerpt from the

"Scenery Packs.ini.....

(Notice the Location of the ORBX MESH in the middle and the ORBX Libs at the end of the file. (Seems they should be in reverse)

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_L52_A_Oceano_County/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_ENOV_A_Orsta_Volda/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_KVUO_Pearson_Field/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_KVUO_Pearson_Field_AGN/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_3D_Airport_UT25/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_3D_Monument_Valley/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_3D_MV_36-110/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_3D_MV_37-110/
SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/
SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/
SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_Washington_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_Oregon_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_MV_Mesh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_KVUO_Pearson_Field_roads/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - New York/
SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Washington DC/
SCENERY_PACK D:\ORTHO4XP\Ortho4XP\yOrtho4XP_Overlays/
SCENERY_PACK D:\ORTHO4XP\Ortho4XP\zOrtho4XP_+24-078/
SCENERY_PACK D:\ORTHO4XP\Ortho4XP\zOrtho4XP_+24-079/

The rest of the USA is here to but did not feel it required showing - Less of course WA and OR which is ORBX)

SCENERY_PACK D:\ORTHO4XP\Ortho4XP\zOrtho4XP_+48-115/
SCENERY_PACK D:\ORTHO4XP\Ortho4XP\zOrtho4XP_+48-116/
SCENERY_PACK D:\ORTHO4XP\Ortho4XP\zOrtho4XP_+48-117/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_Monument_Valley_lib/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_iBY_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/

(end of file)

@MrScott In order to review and possibly revise your scenery_packs.ini I need you to actually attach it rather than copy extracts from it. Do tha and i will take a look and make any corrections that may be required andreturn it to you for inserting into your Custom Scenery folder.

To attach it just open you custom Scenery folder and find the .ini and copy it over to to the section shown at the bottom of the post/reply page as shown in the below pic. I am InkedC_LI.thumb.jpg.a9163efb78a4fc0d4d6f6305df00acb6.jpgonly adding a pic in case you are not familiar wit how to attach ad document or pic to your post. 

7 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

@MrScott In order to review and possibly revise your scenery_packs.ini I need you to actually attach it rather than copy extracts from it. Do tha and i will take a look and make any corrections that may be required andreturn it to you for inserting into your Custom Scenery folder.

To attach it just open you custom Scenery folder and find the .ini and copy it over to to the section shown at the bottom of the post/reply page as shown in the below pic. I am InkedC_LI.thumb.jpg.a9163efb78a4fc0d4d6f6305df00acb6.jpgonly adding a pic in case you are not familiar wit how to attach ad document or pic to your post. 

Jon,

Happy to (see attached). Really appreciate you taking a look at this me, and if it's not too much to ask, would appreciate you taking a look the Log.txt too (attached). Not the entire the thing but if you Ctrl-F and FIND "Error" it will take you to some entries I think are associated with KVUO lighting. It may be similar to the TBM900 error lines that Totoritko (TBM Developer) said to disregard as they have no impact. Anyway, whatever you have time to review I thank you!

Scott

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

@MrScott Hi Scott. I 've taken a look at the .ini for you and made a few adjustments. You may not notice any major performance improvements as all I have done is layered addons in a more precise unformed way. Being as this is an Orbx support forum iI naturally have placed your Orbx TE addons in a priority position just under Global Airports. This reduces the opportunity for any other addon to interfere or conflict with the TE files.

Regarding your log, ignore those light/beacon error messages as I have them in my log also, consistently. The only significant error message I an see is regarding "could not locate image file for terrain" in connection with an Orth4xp  terrain file that an't be found. Afraid you will need to sort that error out yourself as i cannot help you there.

scenery_packs.ini

19 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

@MrScott Hi Scott. I 've taken a look at the .ini for you and made a few adjustments. You may not notice any major performance improvements as all I have done is layered addons in a more precise unformed way. Being as this is an Orbx support forum iI naturally have placed your Orbx TE addons in a priority position just under Global Airports. This reduces the opportunity for any other addon to interfere or conflict with the TE files.

Regarding your log, ignore those light/beacon error messages as I have them in my log also, consistently. The only significant error message I an see is regarding "could not locate image file for terrain" in connection with an Orth4xp  terrain file that an't be found. Afraid you will need to sort that error out yourself as i cannot help you there.

scenery_packs.ini 46.86 kB · 0 downloads

Jon,

Thank you Sir. I will compare your file to my current ini and correct accordingly. Also,I failed to mention earlier I use xOrganizer and love it. It, too, found the Ortho4XP error and I have since resolved it. Good to know the the "light error" is not an issue. 

Again, thank you for reviewing my files.

Scott

4 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

scenery_packs.ini 46.86 kB · 0 downloads

Jon,

It is my understanding mesh is always last in the order and I see an  ORBX lib below mesh. Am I reading this correctly? 

6 hours ago, MrScott said:

Jon,

It is my understanding mesh is always last in the order and I see an  ORBX lib below mesh. Am I reading this correctly? 

Hi Scott. When XP talks about mesh being at the bottom of the .ini it is usually referring to a global mesh like HD Mesh and UHD mesh by Alpilotx:

http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-11-uhd-mesh-scenery-v4/ or another global coverage equivalent.  When a small localised addon, usually an airport, includes a small mesh file as well, it is mesh just for that particular addon and would not normally influence any area beyond or slightly beyond that addons boundaries. So it realistically can go to the bottom of that addon's layering sequence. For example there may be an airport addon that has the Main Airport (file A) the surrounding Roads(file B) and the mesh that the airport sits on (file C), In the .ini I personally would group those 3 files together, above Global Airports as it would be a 3rd party Airport addon. The mesh file would have no influence at all beyond the boundaries of that addon. Get it?

Regarding X-Organiser, I am glad you enjoy using it, but I do see many instances where it can place addon files erroneously so it is not a tool I personally would use, but fully understand why it has many fans ! Layering the .ini is just a small part of it's capabilities and it is that aspect I prefer to do myself.

OrbxLibs is a Library and Libraries can go anywhere in the .ini as they are a neutral effect addon and just an object reference addon mainly associated in XP for airport and scenery functionality. You have no additional airport addons that are not Orbx (good man!!) and those addons require objects contained within Orbxlibs so I place that file anywhere "out of the way" hence it is at the bottom of the layer. If there were many more Libraries i would place all  of them above your Ortho4XP and Ortho4XP Overlay folder, but purely for uniformity. The closer you maintain your .ini by "type" of file the less chance you have of corruption, interference or incompatibility malfunctions and errors.

5 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Hi Scott. When XP talks about mesh being at the bottom of the .ini it is usually referring to a global mesh like HD Mesh and UHD mesh by Alpilotx:

http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-11-uhd-mesh-scenery-v4/ or another global coverage equivalent.  When a small localised addon, usually an airport, includes a small mesh file as well, it is mesh just for that particular addon and would not normally influence any area beyond or slightly beyond that addons boundaries. So it realistically can go to the bottom of that addon's layering sequence. For example there may be an airport addon that has the Main Airport (file A) the surrounding Roads(file B) and the mesh that the airport sits on (file C), In the .ini I personally would group those 3 files together, above Global Airports as it would be a 3rd party Airport addon. The mesh file would have no influence at all beyond the boundaries of that addon. Get it?

Regarding X-Organiser, I am glad you enjoy using it, but I do see many instances where it can place addon files erroneously so it is not a tool I personally would use, but fully understand why it has many fans ! Layering the .ini is just a small part of it's capabilities and it is that aspect I prefer to do myself.

OrbxLibs is a Library and Libraries can go anywhere in the .ini as they are a neutral effect addon and just an object reference addon mainly associated in XP for airport and scenery functionality. You have no additional airport addons that are not Orbx (good man!!) and those addons require objects contained within Orbxlibs so I place that file anywhere "out of the way" hence it is at the bottom of the layer. If there were many more Libraries i would place all  of them above your Ortho4XP and Ortho4XP Overlay folder, but purely for uniformity. The closer you maintain your .ini by "type" of file the less chance you have of corruption, interference or incompatibility malfunctions and errors.

Jon,

Thanks for clarifying this topic for me. I have had numerous contacts with the author of xO and he is very helpful and willing to make whatever changed are required so is program remains valid and does not cause unwelcome results. Of course this was all before I started purchasing ORBX products. I wonder if he would fine your perspective valuable as I do see it making changes to my ini that appear to be counter to your approach. I currently have not added any third-party airports to my system since the new build but plan to as ORBX does not cover the entire USA so, I when I do, I will place any required libs at the bottom of the list. Attached is what I have tried to follow and one day it will all come together. I will delete it once I see you have read it. Don't want some one unknowingly taking that as gospel. Thanks.

SCENERY PRIORITY.txt

Archived