Orbx Central - Texture help Please

BColl1

Hi can anyone advise me who to sort this mess out in P3D V4.5.....I have global base pack, vectors, trees HD and buildings HD and its ok but as soon as i try to install openLC Europe or Regions England i get the mess below.

Any help would be very much appreciated 

Thanks

2019-08-18.png

Can you try "Sync simulator" first please?

If that makes no difference, close P3D, go to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

and delete terrain.cfg,

Start P3D and it will replace the missing file with a default one.

Close P3D.

Then run sync simulator again which should write back the Orbx entries.

Try P3D again.

Hello,

I apologise for not being more helpful but Orbx Central is something of a mystery to me too.

Can you try uninstalling Open LC Europe and see if it improves.

Otherwise, I think that we will need to await the return of the Orbx Central developers and ask for their advice.

Let me know how you get on and if you make no progress, I will move the topic to the Orbx Central support forum.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Orbx Central - Texture help Please

I have the same issue (weird misplaced black textures) when I test in Nevada around KLAS. When I disable Open Land Class they seem to go away. I have global base installed into the simulator. I am using ORBX Central (ver 4.0.6) where everything else is installed in a library. I do not notice this gfx anomaly in the "full regions" however. I am not running North or South California regions. Just Global Base and Open LC North America for the area I see the issues.

i also tried the fix Mr. Cooper suggested but it did not solve the issue.

How do  I remove Global Base from the simulator and put it back into library?

On 8/20/2019 at 11:22 AM, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi!

Is Global Base installed into a library or directly into the simulator?

Can you also try running 'Sync Simulator' again and then attach your central log file? This will let us get a better idea of potential causes for this issue.

Hi, yes i also have it installed to my sim and  not a library. Sorry i cant send my log as i uninstalled central and have gone back to FTX central

On 8/21/2019 at 11:51 AM, Ezra said:

How do  I remove Global Base from the simulator and put it back into library?

It cannot be installed into a library due to a Prepar3D issue.

On 8/22/2019 at 3:19 AM, BColl1 said:

Hi, yes i also have it installed to my sim and  not a library. Sorry i cant send my log as i uninstalled central and have gone back to FTX central

As this is within the Orbx Central subforum, I'll mark this topic as resolved. If you continue to have issues, please make a post in the appropriate FTX Central 3 subforum. 

On 8/23/2019 at 1:14 AM, Mitchell Williamson said:

It cannot be installed into a library due to a Prepar3D issue.

What a way to hide from a problem!. P3Dv4 existed already before all the mess created by ORBX Central. ORBX should have checked with LM before creating something that obviously is not working or, even worse, is messing up a lot of P3D installs on users machines.

Ed

Archived