Cannot get Orbx Central to install again

During a download of Oregon HD, and at almost 98 percent done...a rainstorm shut down the power and my computer rebooted.  I then tried to reload Central 4 again to use the VERIFY on Oregon HD...but I can not get Central 4 to run. I get a

Java Script Error Occurred in the Main Process (Uncaught Exceptions Syntax Error: Unexpected Token

I even tried to uninstall the original installation, which did...and when I then tried to re-install Central 4.  The same above Java Box opens up...and I am dead in the water.

PLEASE HELP!  I can't get Central 4 to install on my system now...  

No matter how many times I try to use the original downloaded Central 4 installer.exe...I get this white Java Box...with the above error...and nothing further...

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Can NOT get Orbx Central to install again...
6 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I can't give you an answer but I can move the topic to the Orbx Central forum for you.

oh..thank you, Nick...I got Central 3 to reinstall...but I still get this JAVA exception error, white box...and the Central 4 screen does not come up. When I try to (and do) uninstall Central 4 from my computer...it says that it is running....   I'm going to try and uninstall my Java installation and see if Central 4.exe put a Java installation of what it needs to run to the HOME screen.  Before the computer shutdown...I ran the original instillation...with no problem...and like I said...was about 98 percent Oregon HD done...when the power mains when down for one second....when I rebooted my computer and tried to run Central 4...the Java box came up...and no Home Screen comes online...just the white Java Box with the message as noted...

I have uninstalled Central 4 five times...reinstalled with the .exe file...and the same Java Exception box comes up now each time...

43 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks.

I will have to leave this to the developers.

It is beyond the scope of my knowledge.

I have tried everything...deleted Central 4, deleted the folder in the user/local/Program/central 4...did all that...tried to install Central 4 three times past that...and Central 4 shows as installed...and running...but only the Java Exception Box comes up...and dead in the water. I'll wait a reasonable..3 days from this post for a response and resolution fix from the developers...but if not...I am going to certainly ask for a full refund for Oregon TE HD...as I can not access it, and install it from Central 3.

So...hope to see a prompt response for the fix...why you can't load in Oregon from Central 3 when it shows up in your account, beat's me...but here is a situation, for ORBX...that cuts out the product, for a user that can NOT successfully run Central 4 on their system , for any reason....

6 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I am sure that the developers will do all they can to help.

However, it does seem that your problems started with the unexpected power cut.

You write installed and running, it's not just minimised into the system tray is it?

No Nick...my system says that the program is 'running', but only the JAVA white box shows on the desktop. No Central 4 Home Screen...and yes...it was because (I think) that Central 4 was still installing Oregon HD, and that Central did not shut down (close) properly, when my system shut down...(no power for 3 seconds) and then rebooted properly again.  W10 was not affected nor corrupted...Central 3 is totally usable and running when I call it up...but no joy for Central 4.  No Cen 4 diminished.

GOT IT!   There are so many places in APP Data...Local, Roaming, Low...that ORBX Central creates files....I dug much deeper...and found another set of files. I deleted them...ran the .exe installer once more...and I an now at the log in page with Central 4 running.  Folks, if you have Central 4 running...and your system loses power...this might happen to you...if you try to run Central 4 again...and get the Java Exception Box, that I describe....go to User/App Data...and check out all three Local, Roaming, and Local low...take your time and delete any files you see reference Central 4 (not Central FSX (Central 3)), and then try the installed .exe again.  You will have success on a reinstall....

Consider thread: Resolved by Poster...

Final comment, just wanted to add, that when you UNINSTALL Central 4 (Orbx Central), there are many, many files still left on your system, in various folders and locations. It is not a 'clean' uninstall.  If you need to have your system, as though you had never tried to install, Orbx Central, you do need to ferret your system and look for those various non-deleted folders and files, within.  That was the only way that I could re-install a working copy of Orbx Central, and not get the Java Exception white box to show up, and nothing beyond that. FYI. 

1 hour ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi!

This was likely a corrupt settings file which are located at %AppData%/Orbx/Central, which is why deleting that file has resolved it.

All is good...Central opens and closes normally, and Oregon is installed.  Phew! :)

Thanks for your feedback!

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Cannot get Orbx Central to install again

Archived