Confused about migrating and YBAS not updating

YAMBA1

Install your products anywhere.

You can now choose where to install your Orbx products. With multiple installation libraries, we're giving you ultimate control.

In Prepar3D v4, this makes use of the add-on package system. If you re-install your simulator, you won't need to re-install your Orbx products again. We'll take care of everything.

107513011_ORBXCentral.JPG.bec70ada481dfd67dfa86a1238b1603a.JPG

1) I start  with this quote  from your advertising  page of the new Central 4.0.6 . A fantastic update  which will make things easier  for  backups  and at the fist look  easy  overall picture of the files owned  and update  requirement.  But then you turn around and say  DO NOT Migrate , the Library  was  only intended  for backups ?? So the  truth is   no backup unless  you migrate ??? 

2) I update  all  the airports defined by the  "yellow dot" .  Great, now those have been backup up  in Library I create in my D  drive , but the main Airport file remain  under P3Dv4  folder . Since  I am advised  against migrating did  those airports  update as it should ? Since  the file are  split in 2 different drives ? 

3)  Still in Central v4 YBAS depict a yellow marker for Update available  This was the only file that did not work . The little "squirrel" keep on turning indefinitely . I tried  to verify files  and  also (please forgive me ) the possibility of Migrating   but YBAS  does not bulge . On  the good note , The airport is opening OK  in the P3D  simulator 

ORBX thoughts and any help would be  grateful

Kindly

Charles 

Hi Charles,

Libraries allow you to install your products outside of the simulator folder using the Prepar3D v4 add-ons system. This removes the need to install directly into the simulator and allows for easier simulator reinstalls. It isn't designed to be a backup, but instead the actual files that get loaded by the simulator.

On 8/18/2019 at 2:36 PM, YAMBA1 said:

1) I start  with this quote  from your advertising  page of the new Central 4.0.6 . A fantastic update  which will make things easier  for  backups  and at the fist look  easy  overall picture of the files owned  and update  requirement.  But then you turn around and say  DO NOT Migrate , the Library  was  only intended  for backups ?? So the  truth is   no backup unless  you migrate ??? 

If your scenery already works fine, then there is no need to migrate. We addressed this in the update topic as many believed that migrating was required and were migrating all their installed products. You may still migrate if you wish to have your products installed outside of the simulator (which will prevent needing to reinstall them in the future).

2) I update  all  the airports defined by the  "yellow dot" .  Great, now those have been backup up  in Library I create in my D  drive , but the main Airport file remain  under P3Dv4  folder . Since  I am advised  against migrating did  those airports  update as it should ? Since  the file are  split in 2 different drives ? 

If you press Update in Central, it should update the product in whichever location the simulator will use. This will depend on how you've set it up and I'll need more information on your concern if you'd like further clarification.

3)  Still in Central v4 YBAS depict a yellow marker for Update available  This was the only file that did not work . The little "squirrel" keep on turning indefinitely . I tried  to verify files  and  also (please forgive me ) the possibility of Migrating   but YBAS  does not bulge . On  the good note , The airport is opening OK  in the P3D  simulator 

Can you try pressing 'Update' and then attach your Central log file to your reply? This will let us troubleshoot this issue further.

Archived