Tillamook Bay and Cape Meares

Breeze

My evening flight around Tillamook.  Getting a little late . . .

Tillamook01.jpg

Tillamook02.jpg

Tillamook03.jpg

Cape Meares Lighthouse.  Yes it's not big lighthouse but it's there and so are those off shore rocks.

CapeMeares.jpg

Netarts Bay Shellfish Preserve up ahead.  Love the coast!

52 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice Jimmy but what in Heaven's name is Tillamook?  I'm only asking because since TE Oregon has been released it seems a lot of people are going here. :wacko:

From Wikipedia 

The city of Tillamook /ˈtɪləmʊk/ is the county seat of Tillamook County, Oregon, United States. The city is located on the southeast end of Tillamook Bay on the Pacific Ocean. The population was 4,935 at the 2010 census.

The city is named for the Tillamook people, a Native American tribe speaking a Salishan language who lived in this area until the early 19th century.

Anthropologist Franz Boas identifies the Tillamook Indians as the southernmost branch of the Coast Salish peoples of the Pacific Northwest. This group was separated geographically from the northern branch by tribes of Chinookan peoples who occupied territory between them. The name Tillamook, he says, is of Chinook origin, and refers to the people of a locality known as Elim or Kelim. They spoke Tillamook, a combination of two dialects. Tillamook culture differed from that of the northern Coast Salish, Boas says, and might have been influenced by tribal cultures to the south, in what is now northern California.

And they make excellent cheese!  :)

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Jimmy, I'm still curious as to why so many people are going here in the sim.  I'd give practically anything to have a TE Georgia.

You get cheese with that Jack.  :)  Just a beautiful area and famous cheese.  Maybe they've tasted it before.

Archived