Bothe Origon SD and HD say cannot be instaled?

rlaycock

Hi

I bought Oregon the HD one but only want to install the SD version,which I did I think?

However when I go back into orbx central the HD tab suggests a update is available 1.0.0?

But also the SD tab says this product cannot be installed (but I think I installed it as Central says Product instaled?)

image.thumb.png.543e82be4af9bd746aade669cc361b02.png

image.thumb.png.d963630e6ab1739168c1d8c293510617.png

Have I got a problem?

Thanks in advance if you can help.  I have also attached a log file

Bob

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

central.log

Hi Nick

Thanks for the reply.

Please note it does not say HD is installed, it just says an update is available for a product I have not installed.

I was beginning to think I had accidentally installed both, as initially I could not find how to access the SD version  and I think I may have clicked on install the HD version then canceled the installation.

Best wishes

Bob

Hello,

logic would suggest that if a product is not marked as installed, then Orbx Central cannot detect that an

update is required, as there is nothing there to check against.

Not to mention this message in red that is telling you that unless you

uninstall the HD version, you cannot install the SD version.

5.jpg

Somehow, Orbx Central has been told that you installed the HD version.

I would suggest that you click on uninstall for the HD version, that should solve the problem and let you carry on with the SD version.

Hi Nick

I already tried this before I posted,  This resulted in both HD and the SD being uninstalled, which meant I needed to reinstall the SD version, which I did but the message came back.

I am sure the HD version is NOT installed and the SD version appears to be working fine However the the error message is concerning.

Best wishes

Bob

Hello,

try this.

Please go to your X plane 11 Orbx Central library.

There you should find a folder named TrueEarth US Oregon SD and

presumably ( not installed on my system) another folder named TrueEarth US Oregon HD.

If so, open the TrueEarth US Oregon HD folder and rename the version_us-oregon-sd-xp11.txt file

to version_us-oregon-sd-xp11X.txt

That should make the HD version show as uninstalled and remove the problem for you.

Hi

I have  installed only the SD version (never the HD one that I have bought but want to install later) and have the same display under Orbx Central

My scenery folders under Custom Scenery are named

Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom

Orbx_B_US_Oregon_TE_Overlay

Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos

version.txt contains

Orbx TrueEarth US Oregon SD - X-Plane 11 1.0.0 - August 2019

I think that the update message for the HD version is a little misleading

but the installation is OK

Cheers

Hello,

I have  installed only the SD version (never the HD one that I have but do not need to install later) and have the this display under Orbx Central.

7.jpg

Please go to your X plane 11 Orbx Central library.

There you should find a folder named TrueEarth US Oregon SD and

presumably ( not installed on my system) another folder named TrueEarth US Oregon HD.

If so, open the TrueEarth US Oregon HD folder and rename the version_us-oregon-sd-xp11.txt file

to version_us-oregon-sd-xp11X.txt

That should make the HD version show as uninstalled and remove the problem for you.

Hello,

where did you install OregonSD to?

I imagine that Orbx central will have asked you to create a library and that you chose a folder

but not the one in your image.

Please open Orbx Central, see where your library folder is and take a look in there.

Hello,

it is starting to look as if the new method of installing the products into the X Plane 11

Custom Scenery again may not agree with the new method of identifying whether or not

a product is installed.

Until this is sorted out, I think that you will need to just overlook the yellow dot.

Archived