No download available for Skagit KBVS

hm2118

I purchased KBVS for x-plane today. In FTX central when I click to install , it says " There are no downloads available for this product" . The same when I check in  my account on Orbx website.

Is it still not available for download ? or any problem with my order.

Thanks

I already have FTX central .  I don't want to install the new version 4 of orbx central as it will change the location of the install location of my orbx download . I'm happy with with ver 3.3.9 of ftx central.  just want to install KBVS with my current setup. 

Capture.JPG

Thanks Chris.  I'm really worried about the new ver 4 Orbx central. I have seen some utube reviews and forum comments about it and itis not all positive. It seems to change the location of and move all your orbx downloads and maybe mess up your scenery_packs file in x-plane. I have spent so much effort and time to get everything right and working and don't want to risk any problems. The old ver 3 FTX is working perfectly well for me, I had no issues with it at all. It worked well for years and still worked well untill few days ago when I purchased Compton Abbas scenery. But now when I purchased KBVS, there is an issue.

Hello,

Orbx Central does none of those things.

It does install your new products into a folder of your choice and that folder cannot be inside the

X Plane 11 root folder. It than adds a shortcut to your Custom Scenery folder.

I understand from numerous posts before Orbx Central was even conceived, that this method of

adding scenery to X Plane 11 is widely used and presents no problems at all.

It is therefore ironic to find posts complaining that the much requested ability to install Orbx products

ouside the X Plane 11 folder and in any location is now unacceptable.

I would recommend a read of the Orbx Central User Guide.

Thanks Nick for the clarification. I have read the user guide, it seems Ok and nice software. Will give ver.4 a try.

Do I understand it correctly that we can keep multiple separate locations (libraries) for different groups of Orbx scenery? .  Like TE Britain, TE USA, Orbx airports  sceneries and others, each in a separate folder on different drives and the Orbx central will link to them in scenery_packs.in,  without changing the current order in the scenery_packs.in file (spent lots of efforts to get it just right)?

Yes, you can have as many separate libraries as you want to and all the products

will be linked to the Custom Scenery folder from each of your libraries.

If you have existing installations though, you will have to "migrate" them to the Orbx Central file structure.

Email is ok, just getting dupplets. No big deal. Love the ORBX stuff! The info however is, for us neanderthals, somewhat difficult to comprehend. With Oregon HD I’ve spent €550 in your web store since April this year, now with Senior Discount. Glad I found that hidden option. Sorry I missed out on the previous 500.

22 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Yes, you can have as many separate libraries as you want to and all the products

will be linked to the Custom Scenery folder from each of your libraries.

If you have existing installations though, you will have to "migrate" them to the Orbx Central file structure.

Thanks Nick.  Just 1 more clarification about libraries.

I have now cleared a separate 1TB SSD in my computer to use for the Orbx Libraries. Considering that I already have all the GB TE, PNW TE and will be getting Oregon.  This 1TB drive will be full & will not fit future TE sceneries. I m considering getting a new 4TB ssd to replace it. Would I be able to just copy the libraries to the new drive and adjust the location of the library in Orbx central. Or, will have to redownload all the sceneries again to the new drive.

Archived