Cannot download Skagit I just purchased

jjstruyf

Thanks Nick, but I want to wait a little bit untill the problems with OC and P3D4 are solved before installing it. I do not think I can run FTX Central and Orbx Central in parallel.  When I purchased Skagit I mixed up FTX and ORBX in the warning that it needed Orbx Central. The difference is not as clear as between Central 3 and Central 4. If I would have paid better attention to it I would have delayed the purchase of Skagit. But it’s a lesson I shall remember when the next addons for XP 11 will be announced.

Jean-Jacques

Hello Jean-Jacques ,

you have nothing to fear from installing Orbx Central.

1. you do not need to run it for P3D v4 at all, you will still be able to manage your installed products with FTX Central.

You only need to answer "not now" when asked if you wish to uninstall FTX Central.

2. if you do run it for P3D v4 and make no product migrations, it will not affect P3D v4 Orbx products at all.

3. there have been no reports of problems with X Plane 11 Orbx products installed with Orbx Central.

I have all the Orbx X Plane 11 products installed with Orbx Central and they continue to work exactly

as they did when installed with FTX Central.

The only thing you need to do is to carefully read the excellent User Guide and follow what it says.

You can do this without installing Orbx Central first by following this link

Hello Nick, Orbx Central asked me if I want to uninstall Central 3.  I answered NO.  Now it wants to move my Library and asks me where I want to put it, but I do not get a chance to leave my X-Plane Orbx addons where they are.  I just killed the program without moving on.  How can I get Orbx Central to leave my addons where they are?

Jean-Jacques

Hello,

I asked this question during the development and the answer is that you cannot do so.

This is the price to be paid for the demands for the Orbx installer to be able to install X Plane 11

products outside the X Plane 11 folder.

You can of course create a new folder on the same drive as X Plane 11, or indeed anywhere else

and then install your Orbx products to it.

Archived