orbx_ftxcentral_log.txt

My Power supply recently cooked and I have had new drives installed.

It just so happened that when I came to reinstall my Orbx products that ORBX Central came out at the same time. Is that a good or a bad thing?

Is it ok/advisable to install the ORBX stuff to a different drive than FSX SE? I wanted to do that to stop running out of space on my SSD. I am experiencing VERY long loading times.

If not can I move over all I have installed to my SSD?

Is there a guide how best to configure my system? Got the answer to that! one comes with Orbx Central!

Noting that Orbx Central is very new and bugged (so some have been saying) I tried downloading FTX and got the att'd error message. I take it that is because Orbx central is also installed.

Would there be any benefit in going back to FTX and uninstalling Orbx Central in the short term?

Hello,

Orbx Central does not allow you to install FSX products anywhere except as before, inside the FSX folder.

FSX and P3D v1 and 2 do not work the same way as P3D v3 and 4 and cannot use this method.

You can use Orbx Central to install to FSX and I would expect you to have no problems at all.

You cannot however use both FTX Central and Orbx Central at the same time.

Hello,

yes, Mitchell explained that because Global Base replaces default textures,

it cannot be uninstalled without breaking the simulator.

You can go ahead and verify its files.

If you wanted to install it, you would need to sart with a new copy of the

simulator and you don't need to go that far.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

!!! I meant to say UNINSTALL not the exact opposite.

I think you understood that. Would you confirm again it should be OK to Uninstall Orbx Global please.

I did enjoy a reasonable view of Welshpool with balloons, cow and a deer in greater detail than I remember previously.

Archived