Use old install

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:   P3D v4.5

Screenshot:

Issue:  I previously had W7 with FTX Central v3.   I had ORBX installed to a send drive and linked via a Symlink however a hard drive issue meant I had to wipe the drive and start again (it's purely a gaming machine so I don't have issues doing this periodically anyway to keep it "clean").  I've reinstalled Windows, P3D and Central v4.0.4 however I see no way to pick up my old installs.   I've tried the steps in this post but with no luck.

Is there any way to pick up the existing files that are in the second drive already?   I live in the country so don't benefit from Fibre (it took 10 hours to download a fresh copy of P3D!) so don't want to have to download everything again if I can help it...

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

If you've still got the ORBX folder, you can either set up the symlink again or copy that folder to your P3D/ORBX folder. Orbx Central should then pick up all the products as installed again. There can be some issues though, namely:

• Effects, Elevation Adjustments and products like Global Base will be missing
  • ObjectFlow may not be installed or configured correctly

Once the products are recognised in Central, you can try the following to reduce the chance of issues:

• Press 'Verify Files' or 'Install' on Global Base (if owned)
  • Press 'Verify Files' on Orbx Libraries

If you run into any issues with other products, try running 'Verify Files' on them and Central will detect any missing files and download them again. A large bulk of the files exist in ORBX, so you shouldn't need to download much more.

Let me know how that goes for you.

3 minutes ago, Trevor Hannant said:

Will just have to take the hit on the download times.

We will be releasing an update to Orbx Central very soon, I'd wait until after that.

Even if that doesn't resolve the issue, can you still see the scenery in the simulator? I'd still like to work on fixing this issue with Central for you.

Apologies for the delay, had to wait on my P3D license being reactivated...

I'd downloaded Base, Vector and the Open_LC products I have but not the regions.   It looks like the regions HAVE been picked back up but I'll need to do some digging about to look for items I know were added via these and not Global...

• 5 weeks later...

Archived