Is this right? Terrain features in Australia 2

ba43

Flying from Coober Pedy to Jacinth Ambrosia airport this evening. I keep seeing these rib like features in the surrounding terrain. Over the South Desert they're not as pronounced because they blend in with the rest of the red dirt. But once you start getting back in where there are some darker land forms, these seem to be everywhere. Curious if others are seeing these too and if so, what are they supposed to be showing us? I do see what appears to be ridges in these patterns in Google Earth so I'm pretty sure these are a representation of those undulations and land features.

Or if these are not showing up for other users at these coords. then I have to wonder if this is possibly something amiss with my installation?

Thank you,

Brad

Vnb1NMF.jpg

They're sand dunes.  They might be less pronounced in a summer season when the underlying terrain should be drier.

If you have doubts at any time about the scenery you're seeing it's a good idea to go to Google Earth and have a look at the location, I just did that and they're as clear as daylight.

Archived