LOWI - Reasonable Download & Install Time?

I've been downloading LOWI since around 9am EST & its 11.45am EST now & it appears to be stuck at 6.32GB out of 6.81GB; 3647 extracted out of 4307

Purchase was a breeze, getting hold of it is a bit of a mud pit wrestle it seems.:)

Should I abort & try again??

TTM

Postscript - Bailed out of the D/Load & rebooted PC - D/Load resumed where it had been stuck & its now installed.

Also EGSG was queued for an update. Ran that.

Is there anywhere that tells you why it has been updated? 

Had the same problem.  My download would hang at 91%.  As per someone's recommendation:  pause download, quit Central, reload Central, resume download.  Worked for me.  Might have to repeat a couple times.

Similar behavior here: orbx-central-4.0.4 on Linux Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS.

Initially it got to 93% 3732/4307. I was able to push it to 99% 4299/4307 after PAUSE - restart App - RESUME, but it sat there for ages. So when I finally ran out of patience, I cancelled and retried. Now it gets to 93% 3738/4307 and suddenly the download drops to 0B/s and it still sits there.

35 minutes ago, ph-ehk said:

Similar behavior here: orbx-central-4.0.4 on Linux Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS.

Initially it got to 93% 3732/4307. I was able to push it to 99% 4299/4307 after PAUSE - restart App - RESUME, but it sat there for ages. So when I finally ran out of patience, I cancelled and retried. Now it gets to 93% 3738/4307 and suddenly the download drops to 0B/s and it still sits there.

Pause and quit the application.  Then reload and resume downloading.  Not sure if it was done this way....

I found the culprit!

On Linux, I had my temporary location directory set to "/tmp" and the download simply filled up the entire /tmp space (which is a separate filesystem on my system) and that's where the download stopped. And that explains why it stopped at about 6.72 GB every time :-)   My bad, I never expected Orbx Central would use that much temporary disk space. On the other hand, it could have displayed an error as soon as the write failed: defensive programming!

If this happens to you too, change this setting to a folder that has plenty of space:

Settings -> Downloader -> Temporary Location

Archived