Two Factor log in ?

James6

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

If you are able to tell me, why was I able to log in to my Orbx account yesterday with no problem, no Two Factor code required from me. Then when I downloaded the new Orbx Central and purchased an airport my problems started. I found that I could no longer log in to my Orbx account without using a Two Factor code, (something I have never had to do since I started using Orbx years ago).

I usually get a text on my iPhone containing a six figure code to confirm my purchase, yesterday I did not get one. I waited just to see if a delay was the issue but I did not received the code on my iPhone and now I can't get back onto Orbx to download and install it.

I have been made aware that I can download an app for Two Factor authentication but I was able to log in with no further requirement yesterday, then I was blocked from log in by the Two Factor request. Help please.

Hi Nick.

Thanks for your usual quick response. 

When I attempt to log in- Orbx. The first window shows my email address and my password ............, then below is "remember me" then I click "LOG IN. That then takes me to the next window which basically states Log In then below Two Factor Code and the space below where you should enter one. There is no option to Disable.

Orbx Logo

Two-Factor Code

Hi James,

If two-factor authentication is enabled on your account, the only way it could've been set up is by using an authenticator app and going through the setup process.

15 hours ago, James6 said:

I have been made aware that I can download an app for Two Factor authentication

If you do have a two-factor app like Authy, Google Authenticator, etc installed, have you checked to see any of those have an OrbxDirect code?

Hey Nick,

I AM IN.

I just used some numbers that were generated for a separate purchase that I just made not connected with Orbx and to my amazement they were accepted and I was allowed into my account.

I have now been into settings and disabled Two Factor Authentication. I can't believe that this worked. I just logged out and back in again without a problem.

THANKS so much for your help Nick, I don't know how many people at Orbx were aware of my problem but can I ask you to let them all know that I am sorted.

Kind Regards

James

Archived