TE - Unfinished tile loading since 11.35 release?

styckx

TE - Washington and GB 

System stats in sig..

Anyone else having this? Usually all of the tiles in the scene are loaded during the load screen so when your plane enters the holodeck everything is rendered in the area

Since 11.35... It only loads a portion the tiles, and the rest continue to load and render as you're in game.

Is this a Orbx TE series needing updating to changes in 11.35 or just an 11.35 problem out right? I've never had this issue before

Here is an example.. Loading up TE Washington at Sea-Tac.    It doesn't matter if the scenery is on a HDD or SSD.. It's still the same.. The tiles don't finish loading until you're well into the game usually taking another 2 minutes or so for all to fully render.

JN2fTMm.jpg

sxcFd6d.png

Here you can see the tiles actually rendering into place in the otherwise blank mesh

sVQmqlV.jpg

18 hours ago, styckx said:

Is this a Orbx TE series needing updating to changes in 11.35 or just an 11.35 problem out right? I've never had this issue before

No, as far as I'm aware, nothing was changed or added in 11.35 that would cause this and need us to update anything. I'm not seeing the issue since I've updated. It may be worth reporting this one to Laminar Research if it's something that's just appeared in the new update. Has anyone else reading this post noticed similar behaviour?

14 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

No, as far as I'm aware, nothing was changed or added in 11.35 that would cause this and need us to update anything. I'm not seeing the issue since I've updated. It may be worth reporting this one to Laminar Research if it's something that's just appeared in the new update. Has anyone else reading this post noticed similar behaviour?

Thanks Tony.  I'm going to roll back my Nvidia drivers when I get done work.  It's the only other change to my system around the time I started noticing this happening. 

If that doesn't work.  A clean install of X-Plane.  If anything changes I'll update the thread. 

Well I'm literally out of ideas. I ran through everything I can to narrow down this issue.

Rolled back Nvidia driver

Deleted each X-Plane folder one by one and reinstall 

Delete every file in the root directory of X-Plane and reinstall

Reset bios to default settings

Ran DDU to clean my PC of all video drivers and reinstall Nvidia drivers

Closed all startup programs

Ran some stability checks like 3DMark, Cinebench, resource heavy game benchmarks.. All passed with the same outstanding results..

My system is rock solid. I want to report it to  Laminar Research, but I literally have nothing to base anything on. I scoured the X-Plane forum for anything remotely looking similar to this.. Nothing.. I am completely stumped. 

No matter what I do, it's always the same exact tiles that aren't loaded during the loading process and only after.. It isn't even random. It's literally the same blocks of tiles every single time.. (based on loading fro Sea-Tac as a baseline)

15 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Do you have any sort of addons installed that are controlling LOD or drawing distance?

I don't this is a problem with your hardware, it just looks like X-Plane is struggling to load in the newer version

Only UltraWeatherXP which I removed  as part of my folder by folder vetting process. Even ran  "dir /AL /S X:\" on each drive to see if maybe there was some rogue symbolic links due to messing a round with Orbx Central from beta to release.  Everything checked out there also, no rogue symbolic links.

Tony, I really appreciate you taking the time to entertain this issue. I wasn't expecting much as I saw no one else having the same issue before finally posting about it here. 

Knowing I've done literally everything and then some to narrow this down to literally anything, my nerd OCD is at least at rest.. I'll wait till LR issues updates, or new betas to see if this goes away. Again, I'd love to report it but I don't even know how to present it being as I seem to be literally the only person with this particular problem. 

22 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Do you have any sort of addons installed that are controlling LOD or drawing distance?

I don't this is a problem with your hardware, it just looks like X-Plane is struggling to load in the newer version

Oh Tony.. Jeesh I'm dumb. I forget to attach my log file.. I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and see if anything grabs your eye

All I see is some beacon lights that LR seems to have nixed.. I found one confirmation that this seems to be par for the course in 11.35

Also a number of Orbx failures for various  TE Washington related items

Log.txt

No problem :-)

My suggestion is to temporarily disable the follow sceneries and see if it helps:

Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/
Custom Scenery/w2xp_uswest-RL/

These all cover the same area and can be quite heavy and increase loading time and memory required.. Even though Washington overrides them, X-Plane still loads them, and so this could actually be causing your loading issue.

Let me know how you get on

10 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

No problem :-)

My suggestion is to temporarily disable the follow sceneries and see if it helps:

Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/
Custom Scenery/w2xp_uswest-RL/

These all cover the same area and can be quite heavy and increase loading time and memory required.. Even though Washington overrides them, X-Plane still loads them, and so this could actually be causing your loading issue.

Let me know how you get on

Nope.. I took it one step further.

I literally disabled EVERYTHING in SceneryPacks (attached) with the exception of Orbx TE Wash (TE GB does it to but disabled it for continuity) and OrbxLibs.

Same results

U3FYH6G.jpg

scenery_packs.ini

1 hour ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Are you using xVision by any chance?

Nope, all scripts, addons, plugins, ice cream sprinkles and Christmas Lights removed..  All stock as far as that goes..

I have nothing left to debug. I've stripped this sim down to the absolute basics, I've spent more time then I wish to know debugging my own PC. Nothing.. Default scenery doesn't do this..  Just the Orbx TE stuff.. 

Even for comparison purposes.  Re-enabling everything and loading up ForkBoys California Ortho including the SF HD Ortho with all the libraries to make it insanely resource heavy...

Perfect.. ..  Everything is loaded without issue instantly. 5 seconds after I gain control, shift 4, and do a quick "slew" up. Not a single blank mesh.. I'm not outright blaming Orbx but I literally have no where else to look except the Orbx scenery..

0iWuZHp.png

Archived