FSX loading

sunrayminor

Have the boxed version of FSX and now running on windows 10. All good until I recently reinstalled my Orbx libraries, FTXAus2 and some FTX southeast airfields. Now receive an error messages that scenery.cfg has an invalid path to areas 116 and 117; I click on continue and it takes a little longer to get past the loading terrain dialogue box. Sometimes it takes two attempts before FS correctly loads and I can fly. What may I have done incorrectly or has my programme become corrupt in some way?

Thanks,

John

This Scenery.CFG seems like the wrong one, since it does not show your other addons shown in the Scenery Library pictures.

Are you sure you pasted your "Active" Scenery.CFG  from  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\Scenery.CFG

You are missing 4 default Scenery entries >  Istanbul 116,  Longleat 117,  Berlin 118,  Edwards_AFB 119,  There are normally 120 entries for a default Scenery.CFG
It could very well be an Adminstrator Permissions issue preventing read/writes to the .CFG, but the one above is not the right one, it appears to be a damaged Scenery.cfg from your FSX installation folder.

Perhaps your FSX is installed to the default location in the OS protected folder "Program Files (x86)" or you installed FSX with UAC enabled or both. Full Admin Permissions must be implemented on your FSX installation folders & files and a repair/reconstruction of the Active Scenery.CFG.

G'day Jeff,

I have my FSX installed on my D drive and all my Orbx, FTXs etc have been installed on this drive. My scenery file is D:\flightSimX\scenery.cfg

Should I uninstall and reinstall all of my FSX add ons?

Is there another option to update the CFG file?

Thanks,

John

G'day Nick,

Yes the default directory is C:\ProgramData\Microfsoft\ but I deliberately installed my FSX on my D drive way back, long before I upgraded to windows 10.

All has been running very well from my D drive including under windows10 until I reinstalled some FTX programmes and then defragged using UltimateDefrag v6. it was after these two actions that I began to have a problem. Obviously, one or the other has corrupted my scenery.cfg - how do I correct this?

John

Hello,

You are not being asked to place anything anywhere.

You are being asked to use Windows File Explorer to go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX,

where you will find a file named scenery.cfg.

Please attach a copy of that file to your next post.

Thanks.

Here are the two faulty entries:

[Area.116]
Title=OZx_LIB
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=116

[Area.117]
Title=OZx_AUS
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=117

The message normally means that the files are no longer at the location listed in the library.

In this case, there is no location listed at all, so of course the simulator cannot find the files.

I would suggest that you either use the in-game scenery library to correct them and then move

them to the top of the library, or use the in-game scenery library to delete them altogether.

Archived