Buildings HD - Alaska ?

scottb613

Hi Folks,

I spend a great deal of time flying Alaska - the one thing that's always bothered me is we didn't have the traditional bright colors and housing types used in many of the native villages in the region... Just curious - since Buildings HD has local regional building types - have they improved Alaska at all ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott     

Hi Scott,

No, Buildings HD doesn't add any additional variation to building types seen in the sim.  The building textures used by houses in Alaska are the same as those used in the rest of northern North America (both in default P3D and in Orbx regions).

BuildingsHD DOES improve the accuracy to building appearance and detail throughout the world, but adding small regional differences like you described was beyond the scope of the product.

Best,

Scott A.

20 minutes ago, Scott Armstrong said:

Hi Scott,

No, Buildings HD doesn't add any additional variation to building types seen in the sim.  The building textures used by houses in Alaska are the same as those used in the rest of northern North America (both in default P3D and in Orbx regions).

BuildingsHD DOES improve the accuracy to building appearance and detail throughout the world, but adding small regional differences like you described was beyond the scope of the product.

Best,

Scott A.

Still, a good idea which could come with a v2  ! After all, OrbX first expertise was switching textures :lol: !

Allow me to hijack this thread. As we know that the work has started on OpenLC Asia, you may want  to revisit your excellent HD Trees.  Oh, just a little :) !  Your pinkish flower cherry/plum trees blossoming all over Asia, even in the jungles of PNG, are startingly out of place (except in Japan). Replacing them by the red-orange flame tree and the mauve jacaranda which are seen all over Asia would be a great plus for the future product  ! 

27 minutes ago, dominique said:

Allow me to hijack this thread. As we know that the work has started on OpenLC Asia, you may want  to revisit your excellent HD Trees.  Oh, just a little :) !  Your pinkish flower cherry/plum trees blossoming all over Asia, even in the jungles of PNG, are startingly out of place (except in Japan). Replacing them by the red-orange flame tree and the mauve jacaranda which are seen all over Asia would be a great plus for the future product  ! 

Thank you for the suggestion Dominique, it's certainly something to consider :)

50 minutes ago, Scott Armstrong said:

Hi Scott,

Best,

Scott A.

Hi Scott,

Much obliged - appreciate the answer - been a fan of your work since you first shared that quality tree texture sheet as freeware in FS9 - LOL - got a lot of mileage our of that one...

Keep up the good work !

Regards,
Scott

Wow, thanks for the good vibes!  I didn't realize that anyone had made the connection between my Orbx work and "FS9 Tree" (side note - really?  I couldn't think of a better name than that?? :rollmyeyes:)  But anyways, it's great to hear that you've enjoyed my work through the years; very nice for a developer to hear! :)

Cheers,

Scott A

Archived