Hello,

Ordernumber: 

5b6b2cf9c25d2

Today I bought the True Earth England Part 1 package. I had enormous problems to install it as there were practically no functions to direct to a folder outside C:.

I have a rather small C: SSD, actually nearly only for Windows 10. All of my scenery is outside C:\ It already started with the download, until I found a small reference to change that location.

For the installation itself I had to temporaily remove files from C:\, then  it finally installed. And after that I had to move things around.

Why not create an installation-function where the download goes to the user-defined downloadfolder and make a free choice for the final storage-folder?

Locationreferences for scenery.cfg and/or add-on.xml had also to be made by me as a consequence.

I do really hope that before the availability pof parts 2 and 3 this question is resolved.

with kind regards,

Piet de Geus

Netherlands

Hello Nick,

Thanks for the tip,  I tried the beta of ORBX Central and it offers indeed more flexibility as far as download and install of the scenery is concerned.

However, it still writes the definitions into the scenery.cfg and as a Prepar3D user I have all of my scenery-definitions stored outside in several xml's, organized by country (large countries) or continents, for libraries  etc. So I had to delete the ORBX entries agsin in my scenery.cfg and edit accordingly my add-on xml's. In this way it is easy for me to activate only those area's that I intend to fly in in that session.

Are you also working on having a option to create xml's? As an example here are my entries in the UK-xml for the True Earth of Southern England

<AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>E:\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!GBS_05_Scenery</Path>
    <Name>FTX_EU_!GBS_05_Scenery</Name>
    <Layer>6505</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
     <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>E:\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!GBS_06_CVX</Path>
    <Name>FTX_EU_!GBS_06_CVX</Name>
    <Layer>6506</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>