ORBX Central wrong start and disappeared

pmb

I installed ORBX Central successfully (reported in the main thread), bought and installed EGLC. Closed it afterwards. Reopened it and it went straight into the attached screen without asking about the sim. Didn't give me an opportunity to switch to another sim or another continent.

After shifting the window a bit to the right it disappeard completely outside the screen. I had to use the Alt/Space combo to shift it into the screen again. (Sidenote: I use a portrait screen)

Log file is attached.

Kind regards, Michael

orbx_central_1.thumb.jpg.39d29029ebf693f393bb43836725f512.jpg 

Operating system:  Win 10

Simulator:  P3D4central.log/XP11/AFS2/FSX:SE

Screenshot:  attached

Issue:  ORBX wrong start and disappeared

9 minutes ago, pmb said:

Reopened it and it went straight into the attached screen without asking about the sim. Didn't give me an opportunity to switch to another sim or another continent.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your report.

The simulator selection screen is only shown the first time you run Central. Any additional times, you can use the drop-down at the top left to switch to another simulator.

image.png

However, it looks like that is off-screen for you. To confirm, if you move the window slightly to the right does it still work? If you click the maximise button, can you see all of the UI (or Windows + Up Arrow)?

Out of pure curiosity, do you use the simulator on a portrait screen too? I had not considered that before

I can move the window to see the borders but there is no simulator selection.

I also switched to the simulator screen (which is widescreen landscape, to answer your question:)) but this did not help either, it looks the same

Thanks for chiming in, Michael

Hi,

the shot above was taken before the issue. Yes, at that time the selection was shown.

In the mean time, I detected an instance of ORBX Central still running in the tray (despite I had deactivated the option to close to the tray.) I closed this instance and now ORBX Central opens properly and provides the selection.

I suspect the issue was caused by this instance running in the tray.

Kind regards, Michael

Archived