Migrating issues

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  win10

Simulator:  P3d v4.5

Screenshot:  

Issue

How do I migrate the Config, FTC_Global, FTX_OLC, Scripts,  Troubleshooter, found in the G:\P3DV4\ORBX folder? Or will they be migrated when I migrate the appropriate sceneries?

Jack

Answered in your other topic - these will be migrated when you migrate the appropriate scenery.

However, there may be a few files left over after you finish migrating. After finishing, try renaming the "ORBX" folder to "ORBX.old". If the simulator still runs fine (which it probably will), then you can remove that folder.

55 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Answered in your other topic - these will be migrated when you migrate the appropriate scenery.

However, there may be a few files left over after you finish migrating. After finishing, try renaming the "ORBX" folder to "ORBX.old". If the simulator still runs fine (which it probably will), then you can remove that folder.

Hi Ben, I have a question that is related to a part jack asked bu isn't answered.  FTX global, the manual says due to technical reason it cant be migrated, but it also doesn't have the uninstall option in ORBX Central, so we cant un install it and the reinstall it in the library even, or am I missing something. Thank you 

1 hour ago, jd_jay said:

FTX global, the manual says due to technical reason it cant be migrated, but it also doesn't have the uninstall option in ORBX Central, so we cant un install it and the reinstall it in the library even, or am I missing something. Thank you 

Global Base overwrites core files in the simulator, therefore we cannot uninstall Global without breaking your simulator in the process ;)

Installing Global Base in a library requires a fresh Prepar3D (re)installation. It'll still work fine the way it was installed by FTX Central 3 and continue to be supported in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 6:13 AM, Mitchell Williamson said:

Global Base overwrites core files in the simulator, therefore we cannot uninstall Global without breaking your simulator in the process ;)

Installing Global Base in a library requires a fresh Prepar3D (re)installation. It'll still work fine the way it was installed by FTX Central 3 and continue to be supported in the future.

if i verify files for orbx global base it downloads a few files worth 700mb is that normal?  and also orbx objectflow is missing..any reason for that? the addon.xml for it still exists in my p3d addons..but the file location is not there..

Archived