P3D crashes during mountain flights

Panta

I have purchased and installed your following products for my P3D v.3;

GLOBAL PACK.........................................5cdaefa81795f

GLOBAL OPEN LCSOUTHAMERICA.......5cdb0ad529c0c

GLOBAL VECTOR.....................................5cdc4679ef470

GLOBAL BUILDINGS HD..........................5d1a744f68dd5

i run P3D v.3 on an intel Core i5-8400 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz, 16,0 GB RAM and a Nvidia GeForce  GTX750 Ti with the latest driver on Windows 10

The system worked fine until I installed my ORBX products, which ran pretty well until now. Flying from a mountain airport, El Bolson, Argentina P3D crashes aproximately at the same spot. 

Now, P3D previously worked correctly on that partticular spot (flying from El Bolson to El Mirador in Chile across the Andes range).

I tried lowering the graphich settings to no avail. Also tried several airplanes with the same results and even  deactivating AS16, but there is the same thing.

I have no problems whatsoever in other areas, perhaps it only happens in the mountain ranges (mesh problems?), I haven`t tried other places.

I have recorded one of such flights but I couldn´t make it run afterwards.

Please advise.

Best regards,

Panta

Hello Smudger,

Tx for the reply. No, I haven't actually, in fact the program crashes with the airplane still midair. Now I have unticked the LCSouthAmerica and the problem disappeared, so i guess that it has to be related somehow. The SA package has some oddities anyway, and I start wondering how wise is to keep it activated.

Tx, Nick, just a question. Won't ignoring crashes and damage neutralize realism? I am flying A2A aircrafts precisely because of its realism, which includes the possibility of damaging your airplane if wrongly operated. IIRC A2A people advise to tick the crashes and damage option.

Hello,

it's a balance between whether or not you consider a realistic result of a crash is to

be returned from wherever you are to on the ground in your default flight or whether

you wish to see the consequences of your actions, as I do.

2019-4-30_18-26-38-57.jpg

Nick, i don't know what simulator and/or version are you using, but I have just conducted a test ticking "ignore crashes and damage" and crashing my aircraft against several hard objects (airstrip, hangars, trees) and nothing really happens, the plan bonds like a rubber ball, no flames, no bent aluminium, nothing.

But from your words I infer that my problem isn't new to you, other people maybe reported it beforehand. Maybe a vector/something-related problem that becomes evident in mountainous ground (I had a similar problem with an altitude airport nearby). Perhaps the simplets solution is just to deactivate the SouthAmerican package whilst flying across that sort of terrain, since the package tt seems to work reasonably on flatter ground anyway. 

Some oddities, like an airport misplaced can be coped with, though the highway i used as a visual reference whilst flying for real at my home airport (SUAA) sits on the wrong side of the runway since I installed the ORBX packages...

Tx for you help!

All right, problem solved (so far). Today I disabled the South American package prior to fly across the Andean range and everything worked perfectly. As I had experienced a crash every time I tried to start my flight at another airport in the mountains, I infer that there is an inherent problem with certain hills/mountains with that particular add on. It isn`t complicated to select/deselect an area in P3D before starting a flight, so there is no major problems anywayt. Other than that, the add-on places nonexixting buildings on some beaches, as well but that isn't too annoying though.

Tx for the support.

Archived