Some comments of a pro on the FS2020 trailer

dominique

Kevin Miller has worked on previous iterations of the simulator. So he knows what hes talking about  He underlines what is really new (clouds !) and the pluses/minuses of AI processed imagery (photogrammetry).  On the longish side but worth watching. A first conclusion I draw is that LC based sceneries have still some years to live.

Please note the interesting comment from Allen Kriesman below the Youtube clip. 

BTW thank you to Ryan for the headup on the big A

15 minutes ago, BradB said:

Fascinating video Dominique , if I live long enough ; I would buy MS2020 just for the clouds . :):(:rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

I wish you that and more, John !

Yes it is fascinating for somebody who is interested by regional sceneries made out of GIS data (an OrbX customer should be after all ;)).

What I wonder is whether the sat/aerial imagery AI processing could be the source for massive LC maps where data are of mediocre resolution. That would accelerate greatly OpenLC type of sceneries and make them more accurate ! 

On a more trivial note, it seems that the last frontier of scenery design is to get rid of these pesky baked shadows conflicting with real- time generated ones :lol: !

Wait and see, right ?

10 minutes ago, patful said:

If it really will be streamed, what happens to our friends in Australia with their terrible internet service? :huh:

I don't know about Australia  but I care more about some users living in villages in the South of France with slow and crappy ADSL 2 connection. Yes, me :lol:...  I think they may have some buffer algorithms or something. Hopefully. 

3 hours ago, dominique said:

I don't know about Australia  but I care more about some users living in villages

Yep, not France but Canada. At home I have a 6-8mbps, at my shop 120mbps.

So good that I can use manual download
Ben

Archived