Deathly Silence

macca22au

Transition is well and truly over - we've been at full retail for 48 hours now.

I've sent the press release again to Nels this morning. Jay had sent one on Monday but it must have gotten missed somehow. Not sure about SimViation, I'll check with Jay.

Guys, we're completely unfazed by any anti-Orbx or anti-FTX bias shown by anyone. Water off a duck's back really. FTX will stand on its own merits, and the word is spreading like wildfire.

Orbx has copped a lot of resistance ever since the VOZ days, because we were the new kids on the FS developer block and did things a little differently to the established developers out there. There are people stuck in very old school ways in the community. Opinions of single individuals don't have a lot of weight, particularly when they base their conclusions on mere screenshots and hearsay. For some, any change is seen as an intrusion on their status quo, particularly when they've invested heavily in addons that fill up their hard drives.

We rely much more on the goodwill, grace and enthusiasm of our customers, who do more evangelising for our cause than every forum, advert, banner or news item put together.

Bottom line: any person who only ever visits a single FS site for their news, and that site refuses to cover Orbx products - they pretty much deserve to remain in the dark about our tech.

Orbx has copped a lot of resistance ever since the VOZ days, because we were the new kids on the FS developer block and did things a little differently to the established developers out there. There are people stuck in very old school ways in the community. Opinions of single individuals don't have a lot of weight, particularly when they base their conclusions on mere screenshots and hearsay. For some, any change is seen as an intrusion on their status quo, particularly when they've invested heavily in addons that fill up their hard drives.

We rely much more on the goodwill, grace and enthusiasm of our customers, who do more evangelising for our cause than every forum, advert, banner or news item put together.

Bottom line: any person who only ever visits a single FS site for their news, and that site refuses to cover Orbx products - they pretty much deserve to remain in the dark about our tech.

I don’t think its resistance this time; it might just be that FS enthusiasts have grown tired of how hideous the FSX platform is.

Without a doubt the Orbx add-ons for FSX are the best that I’ve seen, but what they are “adding†too is the problem, the FSX game engine. Like I’ve said before it’s like putting a silk hat on a pig.

It would be nice to see what the Orbx team could create with a decent platform that would allow them to fully utilize the talent that they obviously possess. 

I had a strange situation at another site (one of the other big three) where I posted Aviator 90 training links and PNW comments and links and the post was deleted a day later by a Mod. No PM nothing. Strange.

Charles.

Possibly Wilco Flightsim 2012 will help. I have not found much wrong with the FSX engine though

This would help greatly if someone had the money to invest in the development of a new flight sim –

http://outerra.com/

I have not found much wrong with the FSX engine though

I guess if you don’t know any better you wouldn’t.

......... Like I’ve said before it’s like putting a silk hat on a pig........

But my, doesn't she look attractive in that new hat.

Lol, yeah she looks good with the new hat but when the wind blows the hat falls off and you find out she’s bald.

Yes, looks can be very deceiving.

If any sim-site is consciously making the effort to ignore PNW, it's only to their own detriment. In a month or two when this product is (even more) well known and used, that site will find itself behind the times and playing catch up. And everyone knows how much flightsim enthusiasts love sites that are months back on the skinny.

I would love to hear John's view on FSX being a pig. As I understand it the program has untapped depths, and is more than capable of further development by talented folk like the Orbx crew, and therefore has many years of life ahead. Teecee.

......... Like I’ve said before it’s like putting a silk hat on a pig........

But my, doesn't she look attractive in that new hat.

Lol, yeah she looks good with the new hat but when the wind blows the hat falls off and you find out she’s bald.

Yes, looks can be very deceiving.

:) I almost fell off my chair when I read that...bravo sir. Sorry, I just got the giggles and found that very funny.

As I understand it the program has untapped depths, and is more than capable of further development

I suggest you do some research on that subject.

Unless developers get their hands on source code (and we all know that’s not going to happen) then the “depths†of the program will never be “untappedâ€. Looking at the way FSX’s engine performs, it’s “tapped†out already.

But wait maybe there’s hope yet for a new flight sim -

http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/t/11153.aspx

Ok thread locked, not least in part due to the troll-like behaviour of djt. Congrats, you've earned a 7 day posting block after ignoring our PM warning. If you wish to stir up trouble and insist on the last word in every conversation, and create antagonising tangents in threads, please find another forum to do so, but not here.

Topic locked. Point has been made, and it's run it's course.

Archived