Elevation problem

oldboy43

Hi, Today I flew over the Columbia River from Lake Chelan towards Anders Field (S97).

At the point where the Okanogan River to the Columbia River I found elevation anomaly see picture.

cheers

Karoly173657523_BadelevationbyAndersonS97.thumb.jpg.98d1dd1e3c676c72f30bcc0f19b253f8.jpg

Hi Tony, some other issues in TE US WA.

There is a problem with elevation of terrain at the border between TE US WA and Canada.

On the 2nd and 3rd pictures, artefacts near Lake Cowichan in the north of TE US WA.

Elevation problem between USA and Canada in Liumchen Montain.png

On 6/24/2019 at 1:30 PM, oldboy43 said:

Hi, Today I flew over the Columbia River from Lake Chelan towards Anders Field (S97).

At the point where the Okanogan River to the Columbia River I found elevation anomaly see picture.

cheers

Karoly173657523_BadelevationbyAndersonS97.thumb.jpg.98d1dd1e3c676c72f30bcc0f19b253f8.jpg

Hi Karoly -

The elevation issue near S97 stems from an entry in the default “Gateway” airport included in XP11 that “flattens” the airport, but sadly the algorithm in XP11 that flattens runways also does horrible things to the surrounding mesh, as is the case here - I know there are a few others with similar issues.

Airports with this issue will be corrected in future versions of the default airports in XP11 as these are being reported to Laminar Research (creators of X-Plane).

Steve

3 hours ago, Steve Colbert said:

Hi Karoly -

The elevation issue near S97 stems from an entry in the default “Gateway” airport included in XP11 that “flattens” the airport, but sadly the algorithm in XP11 that flattens runways also does horrible things to the surrounding mesh, as is the case here - I know there are a few others with similar issues.

Airports with this issue will be corrected in future versions of the default airports in XP11 as these are being reported to Laminar Research (creators of X-Plane).

Steve

Steve, would unflattening the default airport resolve the issue using WED? If yes then i know how to do that, or is it something more detailed that needs to be done?

2 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

Steve, would unflattening the default airport resolve the issue using WED? If yes then i know how to do that, or is it something more detailed that needs to be done?

It does yes, but then we can't push that up to the default gateway because it may not work then on the default scenery

23 hours ago, tonywob said:

It does yes, but then we can't push that up to the default gateway because it may not work then on the default scenery

I understand, but it would therefore work OK for those of us who have TE Washington.

Archived