Dreaded Black Squares Problem

Hi All.   I can't stand having to post this, because I've read through several posts of people having this issue and getting it resolved.

Unfortunately, I've tried everything I have seen suggested, to no avail.

I have done a clean, pristine install of P3D 4.5 latest available download on my system (I5 @3.5, GTX-1070, Windows 7-64 Pro)  then installing FTX Global Base and the latest libraries. I am getting black square textures peppered all around several locations.  As far as I've been able to test, this is occurring primarily if not exclusively in the mountain west of the USA.  KGTF, KRNO, KGJT, KMSO are a few locations where they appear.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the P3D client.   I have tried rebuilding the terrain.cfg.

I have tried running the "force migration", which seems to resolve this for most posters here.  No dice.  I have anti-virus turned off during download and installation.  I have un-checked the box which tries to use local versions of files in order to make sure I am downloading the entire files from ORBX.   I have run the migration troubleshooter in the ORBX folder and everything seems OK according to it.

I also own Global Vector and EU Scotland, but right now I don't have them installed while I try to fix this issue with Global Base.

I don't know what else to try.  I've tried various texture size and resolution settings in P3D itself.  No change that I can see. 

I do not have any addon scenery  (or anything else, this is a clean install of P3D)

ARRRGH!!!!   I hate this BS!   Why can't stuff just work how it is supposed to??!!

Thanks!!!

I also did what LM recommends for troubleshooting, including deleting the LM folders in Program Data, LocalApp Data, RoamingApp Data.   Everything looks fine (default scenery I guess )until I run FTX Central and re-migrate, then the messed up black areas show up again.

My test airport for this right now is KGTF.   I have tried refreshing the terrain.cfg sveral times now.  Still really bad with the black squares.  

Maybe it isn't just me.   Can anyone confirm this in 4.5 with just Global Base?    Go to KGTF, Hit F12 and zoom out a few steps.  Black squares!!!!

This screenshot is at KGTF.  The squares seem to appear only on terrain that is that light green color.  I can slew all around the border areas between Canada and USA and find the squares everywhere you see that green terrain, whatever land class that is.

2019-6-16_7-58-54-621.jpg

Has anyone tried to reproduce this yet?   Is there any other information that I can provide that will help figure this out?  

I'm kind of stuck right now.  This takes all the realism and immersion out of flying in P3D.  Is it possibly something on LM's end that needs to be looked at?  I have not posted there because I assumed they would just tell me to do their troubleshooting steps (already done) and then refer me to ORBX support!

Thanks!

Hello,

yes, I do see the same thing.

Also that the black squares can change colour to turquoise and grey coloured textures,

depending on how far they are from the aircraft.

Let us ask @Holger Sandmann what we may both be doing wrong.

I have tried deleting the P3D v4.5 shaders and it changed nothing and also reproducing

the flight in a default version of P3D, where there are no black squares.

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

yes, I do see the same thing.

Also that the black squares can change colour to turquoise and grey coloured textures,

depending on how far they are from the aircraft.

Let us ask @Holger Sandmann what we may both be doing wrong.

I have tried deleting the P3D v4.5 shaders and it changed nothing and also reproducing

the flight in a default version of P3D, where there are no black squares.

Thanks so much, Nick.   Yes, my evil squares can change colour also.  Sometimes they look a little like reflections in water.  

For what it's worth, I have FSX-Acceleration on this computer with FTX and Vector Global and do not see anything like this.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the exact same issue. There is an area just east of KRNO that persists in showing up as black with orange bits. I'm sure there are others that I just haven't come across.

I have tried all the same troubleshooting steps with no luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived