missing image files for new installation

I have just downloaded my UK South scenery. When I tried to start X-Plane 11 I get error message 'could not locate image file for terrain' Custom Scenery etc. I am not very technically minded so I need help. I cannot use my X-Plane until this problem is fixed. Do I need to get the 2 hour download again? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

11 minutes ago, rangermick said:

I have just downloaded my UK South scenery. When I tried to start X-Plane 11 I get error message 'could not locate image file for terrain' Custom Scenery etc. I am not very technically minded so I need help. I cannot use my X-Plane until this problem is fixed. Do I need to get the 2 hour download again? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Hi Mike, this is often caused by not having enough free disk space for the installation process which is higher than the final installation number.

If you only have an extra few gig spare above the installation then there might not be enough space so if you have any clutter and can free up some space I would do that and then via FTX central run the verify files.

Thanks for reply David, that could be a possibility, I have plenty of space on the drive with X-Plane 11 in it,  The installation seemed to ignore the 500 Gb drive I thought it would go in and my windows ssd turned red and had 1Gb of space left after install. I have moved all my downloads to another drive now so windows is OK. I will Do as you suggest.

Thanks for the info Nick, I have the problem that you describe, The Drive I am using for XPlane has 17 Gb space left after installation. I have tried twice to verify files , failed to make any difference on both occasions. I have totally reinstalled once also, but still got the same message.

I am considering moving my X-Plane installation to a 500Gb HDD. But would rather stick to the 250 Gb SSD.

Hi Nick

I have completely cleared a 500 Gb partition and have moved X-Plane complete with GB south onto it. I verified it and then tried to start X-Plane. the same error message popped up, should I delete the download and start from scratch?

1 hour ago, rangermick said:

Hi Nick

I have completely cleared a 500 Gb partition and have moved X-Plane complete with GB south onto it. I verified it and then tried to start X-Plane. the same error message popped up, should I delete the download and start from scratch?

Do you have Visual C++ redistributable package for visual studio 2013 installed?

If not that may the cause, you can download here

You could then retry to verify the files.

Since you now have plenty of disk space I can't think of any other reason it won't install correctly and so it may be you have to retry the whole process but wait for Nick to respond before you do that.

22 hours ago, rangermick said:

Further Information: I have checked the download and the two files are there. I have now cleared a second partition 500Gb for temporary download, should I try again?

If the files are there then you should not be getting the error message and redownloading won't fix it however it may be that they are simply unconverted files due to running out of temp space required for conversion process during installation.

Can you tell me the exact size of TE South folders on your disk so we can narrow down whether this is the issue.

To confirm I can upload the missing terrain files for you and you will then likely get an error message for two new missing files - this will confirm that you need more space for installation.

Alternatively you can just reinstall tot he 500GB partition you have created and should have no issues but you may want to confirm that is your issue first as this takes a long time.

Thanks for your assistance David, I found that at some point in the installation One drive was involved, I don't know why but I cleaned it out, deleted all the files, reinstalled and everything seems to be working. Very nice local scenery, I am looking forward to exploring the rest.

Archived