!!! FTX FLY IN !!! register of intrest !

Bendigoandy

I may not do this well but i'm trying to get as many of us together for a "Fly in" from our home airports (or a little closer) to a airport voted on by all of us  maybe we can set up a differant airport each month. Time and date set in Eastern Australian time !

I was thinking Sunbury Penfield (YPEN) real Weather ?

I'm interested. Any quick and easy guides to getting up and going in multiplayer? I've never done multiplayer. Tried the guide, clicked "jump to this players position" - nothing happened.

BTW - student pilots welcome ? :-)

I'm interested. Any quick and easy guides to getting up and going in multiplayer? I've never done multiplayer. Tried the guide, clicked "jump to this players position" - nothing happened.

Is this the guide you tried?

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Yep, that's the one.

I must be going blind - but I also couldn't find the Add-ons menu: "In FSX, start a flight so you're in a plane, then click the Add-ons menu,"

Will get back to all soon with dates and times of the ---"FLY IN "---- before the weekend ends.

If its ok with every one,we will use the FTX Mulitiplayer server and Team Speak for Comms !

Whist  talking about the server, Tried to jump on to it the other day but it dumped me saying about

"error connecting to host.unable to connect to one of the players"

I've never had this hassle before ??? anyone now what the GO is??

I feel it may have to do with a firewall  on a clients system......

Thanks in Advance ! :)

Will get back to all soon with dates and times of the ---"FLY IN "---- before the weekend ends.

If its ok with every one,we will use the FTX Mulitiplayer server and Team Speak for Comms !

Whist  talking about the server, Tried to jump on to it the other day but it dumped me saying about

"error connecting to host.unable to connect to one of the players"

I've never had this hassle before ??? anyone now what the GO is??

I feel it may have to do with a firewall  on a clients system......

Thanks in Advance ! :)

I think I was on last night with a mate, and I saw you jump in and out - there was another player when we joined, and we noticed that we weren't in the same "universe" as each other, even though we were 10 miles away from each other - my mate was landing while I was still inbound. I suspect that there was a glitch either with the server or with one of our client programs last night.

Is this the guide you tried?

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Yep, that's the one.

I must be going blind - but I also couldn't find the Add-ons menu: "In FSX, start a flight so you're in a plane, then click the Add-ons menu,"

Did you have a look along the top menu bar in FSX.  If you can't see the menu bar, use the alt key, it should pop up.

Cheers,

THE FTX LIVE FLY IN MEET and GREET!

Sunday the 27th April at 4.30pm(16.30) EST-AUST will be the ETA at Sunbury Penfield (YPEN) if that suits all , if not  speak now and we can change dates

FTX Server and Teamspeak,Real timeand  weather

See ya Soon !

Oh and by the way everyone(for people who don't know), ;) on FSHOST if you don't the same aircraft as what someone else is flying it shows them in a C172, to change it to the closest aircraft you have that the player is flying, you go to FSHOST and right  click on the name of the player and click on "Change (players name)'s aircraft" and click on the aircraft from the list. It helps alot, especially when someones flying a heli and shows them in a C172 lol. ;D:-*

well this should be an interesting attempt since you're +14hrs on me

here's my flight plan

leave Toronto(CYYZ) at 12:30am my time get in air and set Auto to Los Angeles(KLAX)..make sure I set alarm so I can land around 6:30am my time..fuel up and head to NFNA(FIJI)-drop passengers off for their holiday and then continue to Melbourne(YMML)..rent a Mooney(or something else small depending on time) and get up to YPEN hopefully in time.

I figure it'll be about 20 hrs or so real time for me.

Then the next day fly the 3rd leg of tour of Taz...whew...glad I have those days off    ;)

Most of the group flights I've seen in fshost result in more time wasted trying to get everyone logged in , than in actually flying.

Why not use FSInn? No problems, more flying.

Thanks ! Can you send a link on where to find it & the set up,we will look into changing server  if it's easy ... but i feel it may be to late for all to change at this stage...

More info on FSInn would be great.

Will do some digging when I get home from work !

Thank you !

Most of the group flights I've seen in fshost result in more time wasted trying to get everyone logged in , than in actually flying.

Why not use FSInn? No problems, more flying.

Thanks ! Can you send a link on where to find it & the set up,we will look into changing server  if it's easy ... but i feel it may be to late for all to change at this stage...

More info on FSInn would be great.

Will do some digging when I get home from work !

Thank you !

Andy,

At the risk of upsetting some well intentioned people, I believe we should stop and take a closer look at a couple of things.

Firstly, Orbx have very kindly supplied us with a server that we can multi/group fly on and given that we are spending quite a bit of their bandwidth discussing and setting up this flight (thanks to you BTW), I feel that we should at least have the courtesy of using their service.

Secondly, I believe that as the convenor of this flight, should you more closely define the type or class of aircraft being used?  Not being very au fait with the whole multiplayer thing, i'm not sure what the protocols are but I would expect that if this were to be a regular event, perhaps a little prescription would be preferable to possible anarchy  :D  :D

Finally, I wish to thank you for all your efforts to organise this flyin.  I am sure of it's success as we don't seem to have many of these in Oz simming.  Are you intending to have the event located and conducted at the same airfield, or are you arrabging a cross country navex type flight?

With thanks

Well if you use FSInn, you will have to count me out, because for some reason FSInn doesn't work on my computer, FSHOST is fine though and Gamespy, it will be a bugger if you do cause i already have the flight plan ready

Thanks for you input and help Maxter.

I have only used the FTX server and only ever had  one small hassle (my own fault) ,So i am more that happy to stick to original plan and use the FTX server (have had up to eight planes in their air with no hassles) so i would rather stick with what works  for most of us ;D .

I just want it all to work and any input is greatful.

At this stage I was just plaining a fly in but if any one wants to organise a cross country flight I'm all for that too.

The Aircraft type ..well I didn't even think about that apart from Prop aircraft. If all works out well on this Fly Inn (or even if in doesn't) can we will get a fourm going and get some ideas for the next Fly in from the more Seasoned simmers such as your self,as I am new to flightsims and multiplayer set ups but gettting hooked rather quickly.

Oh and thank you for your kind words once again!

Andy

Good on ya Andy, you're doing a sterling job mate.

I will probably start at YPEN and just do some circuits for a while until I get the multiplayer and Teamspeak thingy bedded down, anyhow looking forward to it.

Catch you then and thanks again.

Cheers,

Archived