True earth GB North, central and south

Hello all, I've recently purchased all three of the true earth GB for Xplane 11. I have come to notice terrible performance, this includes consistant fps of about 5-13 and stutters in every time I pan around. There are also some cases where the sim just sits on 1 fps and wont budge. My computer isn't half bad with a 17-7700K and a gtx 1060 6gb. Before installing true earth, my fps was always hovering around 20-35 is most situations. I am wondering if there might be something wrong with my installation or my simulator. I have tested my sim at low settings as well with no success. If anyone has any help, It would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

That's too bad, you should definitely have good performance with your gear... how much RAM have you got? Please post your log and custom scenery/scenery packs.ini and people can have a look.

Hi Jack 8 GB RAM is a small-sized one for X-Plane 11.

I have 32 GB RAM on my PC and another 11 GB on a 1080TI graphics card.

So, even with reduced detail, 8 GB of system RAM should be. I recommend increasing the system RAM to at least 16 GB.

Cheers

Karoly

On 6/3/2019 at 7:12 PM, Jack Henderson said:

Hm ok, Luckily I've just been paid so I shall look into purchasing an extra 8 gig, thank you

Absolutely 8GB is less than minimum requirement these days for Xplane, especially when you have only 6GB Vram and are running photo scenery.

Just be sure to match your current system ram for compatibility and run in dual channel mode. 

Archived