Texture Issues with GES in P3D v4.5.1

I've hit a problem with textures in a particular area in GES.  I have not seen this before with earlier versions of P3Dv4, so it might be something new in the latest version only...

I have just installed a clean full version of the latest v4.5.1.  I have reinstalled all my ORBX stuff including Vector, Global, EU Landclass, and GES plus other regions.  That and a few aircraft, Traffic Global and some third-party airfields airfields.   All seems well except for a problem I've stumbled on, along the south border of GES.  See these images - one high level and one lower down:-

1hYnZR4.jpg

2lCE35Q.jpg

The problem is with GES - de-activate GES and the black textures go too.  I have deleted  and re-installed GES with a new download, but no change.  Is there anyone there using GES in v4.5.1 who can take a look to confirm the problem or otherwise?  The rest of the GES area seems fine.

The problem is in an area from roughly 11 deg E to 12 deg 50' E in a band about 20 miles wide running along the GES boundary in the Alps.  They are north of the Inn valley, but flying to Innsbruck from Munich will take you across some of the problem.

My scenery layers are all fine and ordered as they should be.

Ah, ok Doug.  Nothing seen relevant in the GES options, but I have turned on GES compatibility in LOWI (I'd long forgotten that one).  I'll test this now but it takes time to load!

Nothing doing Doug.  However, I cannot make the radio-button selection in the LOWI options "stick".  I select the button on for compatibility with GES installed, and exit.  Next time I check the light is missing again.  (There's no light in the alternative Global-only button, either).  I can't help doubting if this would affect textures over such a large area, and LOWI itself looks fine.  I will try de-activatng LOWI just to make sure and see if anything changes.

Bingo.  De-activating LOWI seems to have worked! (Fingers crossed).   I did do a files verify just before this, but I will now delete it and re-download LOWI again.  Wish I had time to fly!

And all still seems good...   I've reinstalled LOWI and will now unfreeze my test aircraft and divert there to check it out.  Many thanks Doug.  Two heads are definitely a lot better than one!

Archived