TrueEarth on a Separate Drive

Biohaz

Hello Captains,

I am here with a concern which has a risen, today i purchased your True Earth product. I began to install it and was prompt with a message saying I don not have enough space on my C: Drive. My X plane directory is on my D: Drive, I am unsure why it is installing to my C: Drive and am wondering if there is some way i could install True Earth straight to my "Custom Scenery" folder. Or just to anywhere on my D: drive. 

You certainly can with the P3D file structure so I don't see why X-Plane wouldn't allow it. A couple of thing to assist though - 

First of all in your FTX Central settings you have the ability to nominate the temp download folder for Orbx products. This will soon fill up with a TE download, so manually create a temp folder somewhere where you have plenty of room and change it in the FTX Central settings.

Secondly, prior to an install, Orbx Central will still do a scan of your drive where P3D/Orbx is installed and will generate an exception if there is not enough room. You overcome this by unchecking the tick-box in settings. I forget the exact wording but it is self-explanatory, something like check the size of the disc prior to installation.

Once you've done that use a symbolic link to install your Orbx files where you want, see  - https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/146877-using-a-symbolic-link-to-move-the-orbx-folder/

Archived