ian Ludlam

iannnn

Thanks Have Resolved that problem, But  cannot run x-plane with orbx because of massage on screen cannot not find scenery . I have reloaded x plane downloaded southern GB  and also verified files  BUT still have this massage.

12 hours ago, iannnn said:

Thanks Have Resolved that problem, But  cannot run x-plane with orbx because of massage on screen cannot not find scenery . I have reloaded x plane downloaded southern GB  and also verified files  BUT still have this massage.

Have you read all the installation problem help topics, as I am sure your problems relate to at least one of the subjects included in the installation help guide?

You also need to post a pic of the error message, a copy of your XP Log and your scenery_packs.ini

Well here goes, I have Downloaded this product at Least 5 Times and still this product say cannot locate image file for terrain.

The Program is on my e drive with 815GB left on this drive. I have verified the files. I have Visual c++.Orbx Libraries installed. scenery in order of a.b.c. below Global.

A Custom Scenery folder= 1,725 files 3.63GB   B Overlay folder= 2,885 files 2.60GB  C Orthos Folder 15,015 258 mb. Now iam no computer buff but I think that= around 6.50 Gb is this correct ? I have spent around Three days trying to sort this out and believe me it was the last thing I needed to do . If I had known what was in for I would not purchased this product Southern GB . I  will go back to default scenery. All I have is the basic x-plane no other downloaded scenery, and so I thought that I would try this as it sounded so good. Sorry  but I thought this was an easy download and fly, but it seems from my experience and others  ( All though Disk space seems   the main problem ) of which I dont have that its more trouble unless you are a computer whizz kid. 

scenery_packs.ini

@iannnnAre you on Windows? Your TEGB South folder has the correct number of files and GB size. The Overlay folder I have includes the update to TEGB South so will be different potentially depending on when you downloaded TEGB South @Nick Cooper to advise. Your C Orthos folder is woefully short if you have not made an error in your post saying it is 258MB. My file is 123GB, 28,891 files in 6 folders. On the Product page of OrbxDirect it states that the initial download is 26GB.

So it appears that whatever you have downloaded 5 times is way off being complete according to your info.

You need to confirm if you are running Windows or Mac/Linux because believe me the problem you are having is fairly unique. None of us are really computer bods and I assure you the addon is pretty straightforward to install if all processes are followed diligently.

Your scenery_packs.ini is fine by the way. The problem is that you are missing +20GB of Orthos. Tell me the size of your download so we can see if you have it all and that something else like the Conversion is not completing. I assume you did the Conversion and let it run it's FULL course which can be 1-2 hours depending on your PC specs. I think this is where your problem is happening.

After verifying files. program downloaded 24.67 GB Then extracted 11,876 Files Then Installing 24.69 GB then Converting 11,876 Files Then Installed. Still no difference .As before folders show custom scenery folder A 3.63 GB 1,725 Files 47 Folders.

B 2.60 Gb  2,885 Files 103 Folders

C  259 MB 15,015 Files 6 Folders 

so Where have all the rest of the Files gone to ? . Should I uninstall GB South From Orbx and start all over again ?

That's it I had enough , Downloaded this morning and the exact same thing happened . A 3.63GB B 2.60gb  C 259 mb. I have spent too long on this with no results. It must be me and my computer that's at fault. One Day perhaps I will try and download it , just hope one day it will work, I will not be buying any other orbx product until iam satisfied that it will load and I can use it.Orbx  products look great and that's why I wanted to try, and iam not complaining  about the company , they have a large following for their software , so it must work well with those who have it. Thanks for all those who have tried to help me.

23 minutes ago, iannnn said:

That's it I had enough , Downloaded this morning and the exact same thing happened . A 3.63GB B 2.60gb  C 259 mb. I have spent too long on this with no results. It must be me and my computer that's at fault. One Day perhaps I will try and download it , just hope one day it will work, I will not be buying any other orbx product until iam satisfied that it will load and I can use it.Orbx  products look great and that's why I wanted to try, and iam not complaining  about the company , they have a large following for their software , so it must work well with those who have it. Thanks for all those who have tried to help me.

Before you go answer a couple of questions for me.

1. What drive are you installing to?

2. How much free space is on that drive?

3. When the conversion is running how long is it taking?

If you are downloading the correct size (GB) initially, then something is going awry during the extraction/conversion/install stages. You are woefully short of Orthos GBs.

1= New Volume E  Drive where my x-plane is .

2= 815 GB 

3 = not sure ex I leave the computer running until all Processes are done, With Your Product is Loaded  Screen at the end and no further actions are shown. Roughly 2 to 3 hours for completion.

Archived