The ground under lights flicker on ESSA

Hi, welcome to the forums

Yes, and I see your topic has had 36 views and no one obviously has anything constructive to share.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I will do a search on your behalf and see if I can come up with something.

In the meantime maybe try a different P3D texture filtering setting.

Texture filter.PNG

Hey,

you waited one day and started complaining about the support?

shame on you.

im on vacation, back early June. 

if you have flickering issues i advice you to simply just untick the runway lights. 

We can check further solutions when I’m back.

Cheers,

marcus

I have had some terrible experiences with forum support earlier on other sites, but that does not justify my earlier comment, so I am merely sorry for that.

I have already tried to untick the runway lights option in FTX Central as you described but without any luck. Understanding that you are on vacation, I agree that we continue with this when you are back. 

Enjoy your vacation! @Marcus Nyberg

18 hours ago, Isak said:

I have had some terrible experiences with forum support earlier on other sites, but that does not justify my earlier comment, so I am merely sorry for that.

I have already tried to untick the runway lights option in FTX Central as you described but without any luck. Understanding that you are on vacation, I agree that we continue with this when you are back. 

Enjoy your vacation! @Marcus Nyberg

Thanks Isak,

We will figure it out once I’m back!

cheers

marcus

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Back from my vacation now.

Ok so first of all, have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the scenery? 

For some reason the update didn't remove the old files for some users which created a flickering experience. I  havent had anyone mentioning the runway lights though, but it would make sense they flickered as well in that case.

If you have tried to uninstall the scenery and then reinstalled it (please check so that the ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_AA_ESSA folder is removed prior to installing again), can you please let me know what version of P3D you are running Tom & Isak?

Also, is it only the runway lights that are flickering? If not, what else? Any buildings? And if you untick the runway lights option in FTX Central, do the lights vanish then or are they still present?

Hi,

I will try to reinstall. When i mean flickering I mean they the light effect on ground scenery creates very weird shimmering. I had it once with another scenery developer and they had to fix the scenery itself. 

I am running 4.4

Tom

• 2 months later...

Hi Marcus,

Was this worked on? I still have the fuzzy effect on the taxiways and runway with landing/taxi lights on. Yesterday I have removed ESSA visa Orbx Central and installed it again. Also looked for any left over files - none found. After reinstall, still I have the same fuzzy issue.

I have seen that in the past you tried to play with maps and there was a solution with a file to be replaced. Is that solution still in place? As for my AA settings I have the one line below the maximum chosen on the P3D Settings. I am still using version 4.4.

Tom

2 hours ago, st1322 said:

Hi Marcus,

Was this worked on? I still have the fuzzy effect on the taxiways and runway with landing/taxi lights on. Yesterday I have removed ESSA visa Orbx Central and installed it again. Also looked for any left over files - none found. After reinstall, still I have the same fuzzy issue.

I have seen that in the past you tried to play with maps and there was a solution with a file to be replaced. Is that solution still in place? As for my AA settings I have the one line below the maximum chosen on the P3D Settings. I am still using version 4.4.

Tom

Hi Tom!

Are we talking about the taxiways look very noisy / fuzzy  at night time?

In that case there is an option to turn off normal maps in the ESSA config tool in ORBX Central.

Cheers,

Marcus

Archived