CAE3 starting points

20 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Hi, Larry.  Starting at both "Active Runway" and S (water) locates the plane at the loading dock in both cases.  Did I forget something?  I haven't loaded in the extras yet.

Hi Stew,

What you are seeing is the  way it seems to work.  There is no starting point on the invisible runway so it seems that 'active runway' defaults to the first starting point (the one at the dock).  That's what I wanted anyway.   To me the invisible runway serves only to indicate one typical approach on the GPS so I did not  put a starting point on it.  The different takeoff and landing areas are shown in the Water Aerodrome Supplement page in the User Guide.  Besides, if one started at the 'runway', you would miss a lot of detail on which I spent so much time. :) 

Hi, Larry.  That's seems reasonable.  The User Guide stated that one could start out in the water, but frankly, I'd rather start out at dockside anyway.  Thanks again for another nice seaplane base.  I had landed here before, but it was relatively "unimproved", of course.  :)

53 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

The User Guide stated that one could start out in the water

Good catch Stew, you are right.  I'll make a note to remove that statement if and when I get to a service pack. In the mean time, I hope this thread will serve.  By the way, there may be a similar mistake in the other SPB User Guides; that's a problem with templates. Errors get propagated.

Archived