The Orbx touch

Kilstorm

I am a AFS2, P3D and XP11 user. For years the simming community has been asking for Orbx to enter XPlane and recently they did. Prior to that, I didnt think Orbx and XP would make a good fit because of how XP did its auto gen and roads. I had a hard time seeing those two not conflict. However, with all these amazing screenshot from the coming XP Washington, man has Orbx given XP a great enhancement. More so than I would of ever of dreamed. I dont have the hard drive space to pick up these true earth titles on my current system and since I own them all for P3D am not in a hurry to switch. Instead I want to wait to see all the options of P3D, XP and AFS2 to determine how I go forward with my simming. That said, I feel there is more in the bigger picture of what Orbx is doing by releasing products for XP than just for their own business.

With taking all whats great with Xplane and providing the closest real to life ground visuals than we've seen in almost any other sim, the potential for XP to continue to expand its customer base only helps to strengthen the chances of more developers to cross over their products. Yeah sure all these great photo like real screen shots the beta team is getting in the TE Wash are amazing but I also see it more as the beginning to XPlanes chances of seeing solid backing from developers who might of only dabbled in developing for it to those who have avoid it altogether. You cant keep putting out screenshots like this
63-5fe367a5de2c22a294fd27c24cd7baf6.jpg

629-8ea4b7717811bf528b57b12b19b02873.jpg

42-444772594d35877987c568d1210a9d0a.jpg

629-26ab7bb7718dc3b7a0b610fc1c8c103e.jpg

and not become a simmers favorite worthy of being an equal platform and not the underdog.

Well said Kilstorm.  I'm enjoying all 3 of those sim platforms as well.  Exciting things happening to all 3 at the same time!

I'm not one of the guys posting those great screens of TE Washington but I can assure you that you will like it when it's ready.  :)

Archived