[PRE-PAY CUSTOMERS] - please post your % download progress here so we can track

John Venema

To all pre-pay customers who have still not completed the download, can you please post your % downloaded and hh:mm to completion so we can track how things go today.

Please do not use this topic to express your frustrations, we understand those :)  Please just provide % and hh:mm if you can. Any posts not providing this information will be edited or deleted.

Thanks!

0%, 736KB/s 1:37 to go.

Fifth or sixth attempt in last hour trying main link plus FSS ticket links.  Drops to zero if I add sections in FreeDownload Manager as suggested in different post.

Made it to 4%, dropped and has stayed at oB/s

I had issues downloading, and frankly I'm not going to blow what's left of my download quota this month on any more retries!

I'll get it downloaded from another ISP.. the issues I had earlier with the other download area consumed a large chunk of my quota.. so Don't hold things up for me.

Thanks to the guys at FSS for advice on a fix for the downloads I'll have another try tomorrow morning.

Cheers

Maurice.

Fifth or sixth attempt in last hour trying main link plus FSS ticket links.  Drops to zero if I add sections in FreeDownload Manager as suggested in different post.

Made it 4% again, 0B/s

Made it 4% again, 0B/s

Suggest that you stop now and wait for a better option than FreeDownload Manager. Repeatedly losing a connection at 4% is just going to consume your quota. Perhaps try a different download manager.

My new data block just came online, I am at 94% on a steady 155 KB/S with 28 minutes to go, there is a God....

Thanks for putting up with my tired rants these past 26 hours, I will wait up another 28 minutes to make sure all is ok then its off to bed for a couple of hours sleep.

Can't wait to get into the PNW, but that will be for tomorrow now!  ;)

After GetRight jerked me around I tried Free Download Manager, as suggested by a couple of people. Download disconnected at 5am this morning at 74%, I got up at 7 and the download couldn't reconnect, kept reporting "Resume support: No", despite saying "yes" earlier. So anyway I left it and just came back now, manually started it and it began working again. Getting ~1.1MB/sec, so the last 25% is going to be done in 15 minutes. Very pleasing after yesterday's issues.

Mike

Finally finished, and installed. Numerous attempts (probably 20+, I stopped counting). Tried Free Download Manager, GetRight, and plain old Firefox. The winner - Firefox. Speed of 200KB/s, vs my usual 1-1.2 MB/s. Free Download Manager and GetRight both constantly failed at either 30% or 51% and were unable to reestablish a connection. Firefox just kept on plugging along - slower perhaps, but at least it worked!

Alright gentlemen,

Here we go again.  First attempt dowloaded fully after a total of about 2.5 hours.  However, the file was corrupted.  So I am now on my second attempt which is downloading at about 673.1K/Sec which should be done now in about 1:41:38. Being in the continental US and on easter time zone where it is now 12:36am I will not find out til in the morning as such I am going to bed :) Unfortunately I will probably not have a good's night rest since I will be like a little kid on the night before Christmas waiting to see what Santa has placed on my hard drive! Hopefully a complete download!! ;D

Alright gentlemen,

Here we go again.  First attempt dowloaded fully after a total of about 2.5 hours.  However, the file was corrupted.  So I am now on my second attempt which is downloading at about 673.1K/Sec which should be done now in about 1:41:38. Being in the continental US and on easter time zone where it is now 12:36am I will not find out til in the morning as such I am going to bed :) Unfortunately I will probably not have a good's night rest since I will be like a little kid on the night before Christmas waiting to see what Santa has placed on my hard drive! Hopefully a complete download!! ;D

Did you use a 3rd party unzip tool to open the ZIP. Windows unzip cannot handle files > 2GB, so use WinZIP or Win RAR to extract it. You also can't run the installer from inside the ZIP file.

Hi everyone,

update from Brugge, Belgium;

Yesterday @ 41KB/sec never finished (predicted download time > 38h) ::)

Send Adrian(Flightsimstore) a nice ticket by @ as a "good" customer and voila this morning going @ 470KB/sec and now about 1h45min to go to FTXNABlue,

America here I come  :D

thanks guys, keep up the good work

Hans

Brugge, Belgium

Done at 3rd go. First had full file but corrupt with Winrar after 8 hours. 2nd aborted because of speed and 3rd good.

My speed problems were I suspect not helped because of local load - kids downloading ITunes!!

Thanks

Alex

Downloaded and installed.  Had a bit of trouble at the end when the installer could not find the FTXCentral script. But I was able to manually start it and select North America.  Please let me know whether this issue could have caused a problem with the installation.  Thanks!

Archived