P3Dv4.4 Blurry Distance Textures

Hello all, I have been researching for hours and trying to watch youtube videos on the issue I'm having, currently when looking in a distance my textures look blurry. My add ons include in this photo are 

Orbx Global Base

Orbx North America

Active Sky 16

QualityWings 787

PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X OC 3.9 Ghz

EVGA RTX 2080 

16gb Ram Gkill TridentZ

Settings in simulator are pretty much maxed out, with frames targeted at 30 fps. In this photo Im at cruise 32k ft.

11grkev.png

Increase your terrain settings is something you can do: besides keeping mesh at 5m, you can easily bumb everything up to the right in the "Terrain" section and tick the "use high-resolution textures" checkbox. To me, you use rather low settings for a 2600X and a 2080, but for the moment I would keep this. I doubt that lowering settings will help here (except lowering the texture resolution to 2048x2048 as suggested above)...

Then I suggest to try the settings I use, it might be worth trying but of course no guarantee that it works:

1. Put a frame limit of 30 inside P3D (you write you use a limit of 30, but the screenshot shows 60), turn VSYNC on but leave Triple Buffering unchecked.

2. Disable all settings you might have put in your nVIDIA control panel or nVIDIA Profile Inspector. Prepar3d v4.4 does not need any of them...

3. Open the prepar3d.cfg with a corresponding tool, e.g. Notepad++, and add this on top of your config (assuming you did not turn off SMT on your Ryzen CPU):

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=1385

make frame rates at unlimited,  vsync on, triple buffering ....

max the graphics....

turn off dynamic reflections....

turn off dynamic lighting...

terrain all sliders to right and check box....

scenery objects all to right except Auogen and scenery distance to High and uncheck obx....

image and texture quality = FXAA off, AA 4xMSAA, anistropic 16x, texture resolution at ultra.....

I run this with duel monitors with wide-view aspect ratio and mipmap on, 2d kpanel transparency at 0...

This gives me the distance and details without any stutters....

Archived