just purchased my first ORBX product for Mac - GB True Earth central. According to the readme file I should have 3 folders when the download completed viz:

Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom

Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay

Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos

But my download is missing the Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom folder. I've followed the install instructions running the mac_1_conversion script - which took several hours - and then the mac_2 cleanup script - which took minutes. All appeared to be successful in that XPlane loaded with no error messages. But all I have is vanilla XPlane - no photo-realistic ground and no custom objects. What has gone wrong?

John Fleet

John

If you're using Mojave, the cross-platform zip will already have been unzipped in the download process. You should have had a folder: 

Orbx_TrueEarth_GB_Central_CrossPlatform_A8D2BD0C5B679327867CFC1271049959

Inside that would be a file and a sub folder:

CrossPlatform Installation Readme.txt (which you've already read)

Custom Scenery

Inside the Custom Scenery folder should be the 3 GB Central folders - see below. To have run the conversion and cleanup scripts I assume you will already have dragged these folders to your X-Plane Custom Scenery folder.

image.thumb.png.9c346a0606f03103b72947eb5105d21a.png

For the package to download and decompress correctly on a Mac I would be most surprised for only 2 of the 3 Custom Scenery folders to be there. I've now installed all 3 parts of GB TE on my iMac and all have had the correct number of scenery folders in them. The only issue I've had is with the cleanup script not working on South & North, but it's a simple job to delete the jpeg files manually.

Tony

Archived