X-plane 11 loading default scenery

Hi Guys,

Order number:5c7e7e19e9d40

Wonder if you could help, so i am not entirely sure what happened with x-plane but it seemed my aircraft liveries mysteriously disappeared so i sorted that problem out however X-plane is now loading the default scenery rather than Orbx True Earth South GB .

I'm convinced its something to do with my scenery packs as i have checked x-plane is up to date and all good and also ran a verify within ftx central.

Here's my scenery pack ini it would be good to know what encoding option the .ini uses is it ANSI,Unicode etc? I'm pretty sure it's because i was trying to remove some secenries to try make xplane 11 load faster but i've messed it all up

eahb7Ey.jpg

YkdHDhp.jpg

Thank you for your help.

scenery_packs.ini

6 hours ago, john548 said:

hello

Try moving your Orbx entries including the Orbxlibs in your 'scenery_packs.ini', to below the X-Plane landmarks. This is where they should be.

Cheers

Thanks for your advice however this didn't resolve the problem =[ I've now got airports but still default scenery here's my current order;

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/3D_people_library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco Cable Cars/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco V2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Golden Gate Bridge/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Oakland Bay Bridge/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MisterX_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Airport Environment HD/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLH_Needles/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/

18 minutes ago, deamondiamond said:

Thank you but it did not work =[ 

Very odd! I can suggest a couple of things although pic 3 looks a bit like TEGB but is too small to see close up.

Anyway, the .ini is in correct order so that leaves the question why TEGB is not loading. Open FTX Central and click on TEGB and Verify files.

If it does in fact download some missing files it may well adjust you scenery.ini again so make a copy of the one I sent you and put on desktop to reintroduce if required.

If verifying files doesn't do it, then I suggest you Update xp11. I don't know what version you are using but the latest is 11.33r2 so if you want that then make sure you have ticked the "include Beta" option in the Update screen.  If you don't want the latest(which is very good and smooth) then make sure the Beta option is UN-ticked.You will not lose anything from your current installation but it will correct any missing files or those that have become corrupted in your clean up attempt. You may have to reinstall the Airport Environment HD mod as the Update will reinstall default bitmaps etc into the files you have modded with AIrport Environment HD. You can do that after you see if you now get Orbx TEGB. Remember you only have TEGB South so any airport or flyover out of the TEGB South boundary will obviously load default scenery.

PLEASE CHECK YOU ARE IN ORBX TEGB SOUTH coverage area before doing any of the above suggestions.

Start at Southampton or somewhere very south.

2 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

Very odd! I can suggest a couple of things although pic 3 looks a bit like TEGB but is too small to see close up.

Anyway, the .ini is in correct order so that leaves the question why TEGB is not loading. Open FTX Central and click on TEGB and Verify files.

If it does in fact download some missing files it may well adjust you scenery.ini again so make a copy of the one I sent you and put on desktop to reintroduce if required.

If verifying files doesn't do it, then I suggest you Update xp11. I don't know what version you are using but the latest is 11.33r2 so if you want that then make sure you have ticked the "include Beta" option in the Update screen.  If you don't want the latest(which is very good and smooth) then make sure the Beta option is UN-ticked.You will not lose anything from your current installation but it will correct any missing files or those that have become corrupted in your clean up attempt. You may have to reinstall the Airport Environment HD mod as the Update will reinstall default bitmaps etc into the files you have modded with AIrport Environment HD. You can do that after you see if you now get Orbx TEGB. Remember you only have TEGB South so any airport or flyover out of the TEGB South boundary will obviously load default scenery.

PLEASE CHECK YOU ARE IN ORBX TEGB SOUTH coverage area before doing any of the above suggestions.

Start at Southampton or somewhere very south.

Hi Jjaycee1

Thanks for your swift response

The airport i was at was EGKK, Gatwick which i believe is indeed south - I have already made sure xp11 is up to date (not beta)

I am in the process now of again verifying the files now and quite strangely it has downloaded 80mb where as the other night it said there where no problems. 

If this doesn't work i think it may just be quicker for me to completely uninstall TEGB and re-install it.

I'll test it now and let you know how i get on.

Many thanks. 

So it's looking better - But i don't know if it's just me but i am sure it looked a lot better when it last worked the other week.

Can someone take a look at these pictures and let me know if they look normal? This is southampton

So Image 1) Looks very "ortho" like it was an image from google maps

b3nAPwT.jpg

Same with image 2:

AFpSwcP.jpg

This looks good:

6jvgyTE.jpg

Shoreline to me here doesn't look as crisp as i remember

Kxc3k2i.jpg

rzxIKdK.jpg

I don't know maybe it's just me but it looks like there are certain sections where its using the default scenery for some areas?

Maybe i am just going crazy? If someone could let me know their opinion that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

as the product is made from aerial imagery, it should be a disappointment if it did not

look like "ortho".

I am not sure what you are expecting but there seems to be nothing wrong in your screen shots.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your response, No disrespect in regards of the product i think its wonderful and the best add-on payware to date and i plan when money permits to buy central & north TE.

I think it's because i'm looking so close where as when i am actually flying you don't zoom in so far as i am for the purposes of making sure everything is running as it should :P

I've also been recently experimenting with xvision presets so this is probably why i thought "hang on this doesn't look as good as it used too"

I'm happy for this to be marked as resolved thanks for all your help

12 hours ago, Eraneva said:

Have the same problm

cane not get it to work at all

Xplane version 11.32

http://prntscr.com/nj7paw

https://prnt.sc/nj7os6

scenery_packs.ini 5.33 kB · 1 download

It is because your scenery.ini is wrongly layered. All your Orbx TEGB fies should be BELOW Global Airports. Put London Landmarks just below Global Airports or just above, and place the TEGB files directly below Global Airports. The rest of the scenery.ini could do with modifying but your lack of seeing TEGB is due to your current layering.

after two oder more times verfiy Files in FTX Central client downloaded alot of stuff again, after it somehow it works.

funny part, converting fiels in FTX stress out me pc so mutch

CPU is running on 12Theads at 100% maybe here go somehing wrong :unsure:

frist run after install xplane put the TEGB anyway on top of the ini . so with below or above landmarks/global airports should not be the problm ;)

Thanks any way

I have the same problem the default scenery continues to load.

My ini is below

please help !

I

1000 Version

SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_North_TrueEarth_Custom/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/

9 hours ago, James.Maclean said:

I have the same problem the default scenery continues to load.

My ini is below

please help !

I

1000 Version

SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_North_TrueEarth_Custom/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/

Is the above a complete listing of your Scenery_packs.ini ? If so then you have not downloaded or installed the Orbx Libraries and the ini is incomplete. 

Attach the full ini as an attachment, as here are many missing items in your screenshot ini.

Thank you.

yes this is the complete ini file.  I have north, central and south true earth and have not installed any other custom sceneries.

But there does appear to be more physical folder/ files in the custom scenery folder in xp11

how do I install the libraries in the ini?

Archived