Hill of water - YHBA

Hello Carlos,

I would guess that if you disable whatever addon mesh you are using and use the Holgermesh instead, it will look more like this:

Untitled.jpg

Please note that these things are so much easier to find if their location is at the top left of the image.

Hello Nick

Thank you for replying

I don't use a mesh for water...

The only Mesh I use is Free Mesh X Global 2.0 (But I don't know if this includes a mesh for water)

I do have Holgermesh installed though..

So what's the procedure to follow please?

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Please note that these things are so much easier to find if their location is at the top left of the image.

Yes , sorry I understand.

You take off from the airport and the lake is right on your left.

I have set my system to not show any text.

How do I bring that white text you show up to my screen (after having enable text in the sim of course) what do I have to press?

What I usually do it to take a picture of the map.. but your method seems eassier.

Thank you

Cheers

Carlos

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Please just disable the mesh addon and see if the water is then flat.

Proceeded and yes, the water is flat

To display coordinates, tick "Show Primary Info Text" but none of the boxes and press Shift + Z.

Thank you

Yours will be red.

Indeed, thank you

Here a pic and a question

UcyxPMn.jpg

This mesh I have is for Australia and Oceania. By disabling won't it affect too much the terrain, would it look to flat? Or Holgermesh would replace it by having it also included?

Why does this affect if my Free Mesh X Global 2.0 is below every Orbx Products? Is it more powerful somehow than Holgermesh than even being below all Orbx products affects?

Thank you

Carlos

Hello Carlos,

the simulator will always display the highest resolution mesh, regardless of how many mesh versions may be active in the same place.

Holgermesh was made for the Australian product, as it is freeware, the choice of whether or not to use it is yours.

11 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos,

the simulator will always display the highest resolution mesh, regardless of how many mesh versions may be active in the same place.

Holgermesh was made for the Australian product, as it is freeware, the choice of whether or not to use it is yours.

HI Nick

Thank you for replying

How can someone know which mesh resolution is higher?

It happens that I have this Free Mesh X Global 2.0  for South America (and Central America) but I know there is one from Orbx (which I have not installed)

How can I know if Orbx is higher resolution then FMXGLOBAL?

I would like to disable the FMXG if Orvx is higher but I would need help in identifying which would be the bgls to disable in FMXG for South America as these are mixed with Central America, a whole package for both areas.

Regards,

Carlos

You could read for yourself the specifications of the two versions which are there to be found.

AU Holgermesh Australia

for FSX & Prepar3D

Orbx is pleased to offer this 76m resolution terrain mesh for FSX and P3D, covering al of Australia included Cato, Lord Howe, Norfolk and Saumerez Islands. We've nicknamed this "Holgermesh"! Adding this mesh will add better definition to hills and mountains.

FreeMeshX features LOD10 (38-m resolution) coverage for:

North America (A separate LOD12 USA mesh is available for beta testing)

Europe

Asia

Africa

Australia and Oceania

I would recommend that you use the Freemesh X mesh in South America.

Once again, the information is there to be read.

openLC South America requires good mesh and is a must have if you do not have any 3rd party mesh for this area installed.

Archived