Flickering green lights after 4.5 update

I installed P3D v4.5 with new client, content and scenery to latest version.
Turning off autogen vegetation texture fixes the problem but leaves sim scenery bland. I tried many different things including all mentioned in this post with no resolve.

P3D forum reporting same issue

Hope some one will find a fix without having to re-install everything from scratch.

2019-04-23 10_41_27-Window.png

Hi Norbert

I've read there are a lot of issues with version 4.5

For some it works but for many it doesn't

We are all waiting for an appropriate update.

I just did a full reinstall of P3D as I needed to solve an issue I had in NZ with NZMF and NZWN

And because I'm looking forward for the P3D update so just wanted to have Orbx installed as the change is very simply if you follow this procedure, so you don't need to reinstall from scratch

Referring your problem I think it would be good to indicate where you are having these green lights and maybe post a picture of that, so the moderators can assist, but if you state the issue took place after installing 4.5... I would go back to 4.4 and wait for the fix.

Regards,

Carlos

There's a substantial thread (87 replies at the moment) over at the LM supported forum on this. Here's a link. It's probably the best place to watch for a fix, since the problem isn't limited to Orbx. At present, the culprit seems to be autogen trees, and no, not just Orbx ones. You'll see the trees come up for blame on page 4 of 6.

More on this: It's now believed to be a shader add-on. It even resolved the issue for a guy that was absolutely certain it wasn't anything on his system causing the lines. Here's a copy of the post describing the fix.

Re: Flickering green lines

by venzi » Wed, 24 Apr 2019, 13:46

OK, finally figured out what was causing it on my setup. I had a plugin called URP (which is something like PTA - shader tool) in my Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons. I did the following:
  1. Uninstalled URP from the Windows Control Panel
  2. Deleted <Prepar3D v4>\ShadersHLSL
  3. Deleted C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders
  4. Ran the 4.5 Install_Client.msi and selected "Repair". This installed the factory ShadersHLSL
     It's all working now, including: the new beta ActiveSky, REX SkyForce 3D, OrbX Trees, even PTA!
     Edit: PTA is latest 2.66 which has some (possibly unrelated) fix to support 4.5

Archived