Shimmering flashing pylon wires GB South in VR

I don't think this AA problem is just VR.

OrbX scenery seems to suffer quite badly from jaggies all objects, but more especially certain things like cables, wire fences, telegraph poles etc.

Even at 8xFXAA there are still some bad jaggies with certain objects.

Very much hoping this can be looked at and I know Tony was looking into certain objects causing bad jaggies.

I will be buying a high end HMD soon primarily for Xplane and OrbX so I really hope it is something they can improve.

All that said since 11.3 Xplane AA seems a bit funky and even at max AA I can't get the same results as I used to get with lower AA settings.

Hopefully it improves with Vulkan but no idea what is causing it.

It’s not so much jaggies but the flashing on and off and the fact that they look nothing like cables. This is when I’m flying low level BTW, looking ahead as opposed to down. I’d rather just delete the pylons completely. Why can’t this be an option within the settings of Central?

3 hours ago, slipstream said:

It’s not so much jaggies but the flashing on and off and the fact that they look nothing like cables. This is when I’m flying low level BTW, looking ahead as opposed to down. I’d rather just delete the pylons completely. Why can’t this be an option within the settings of Central?

This may not be relevant to your issue but I ran some tests recently on Xplane because many people report flickering buildings and clouds also.

I found that the aircraft used can make a big difference and the worse offender was the default Cesna which is unfortunate as many people use that while props rather than jets tended to get flickering artefacts.

the 737-800 airliner tended to be pretty much free from these while the small jet Cirrus SF-50 was better than the prop aircraft.

Perhaps try these type of aircraft in VR and see if anything improves a s a workaround for now though I mainly concentrated on buildings.

I don't have a Pimax to test with but have you tried default scenery, do you still get the same effect? It may not be OrbX specific.

Have you tries a higher AA setting or supersampling the HMD via pi tool and steam VR resolution? Some say lowering pit ool and raising steam is best but try experimenting.

I wouldn't recommending tampering with or deleting OrbX files..

Archived