How to install Airport Pack update?

BBCM

I'm using P3Dv4.5, and I have a previous Global Airport Pack installed. How should I install the new update? Do I just run the installer on the Freeware products page and let it overwrite the existing pack, or do I need to manually delete the existing pack first? If manually delete, where is the Pack located? I see the Pack in the Scenery Library, but I can't seem to find it in the sim.

Thanks loads as always for the excellent free stuff!

-Bob 

Just use FTX Central and use the install there. It will correctly install the Global Freeware Airports over the existing installation. You may have to update the AEC files by disabling the noted airports manually or using the auto updater in Vector.

Larry

Thanks for replying Larry, but...FTX Central? What Category (area) is the Airport pack under? I looked through P3Dv4 FTX Central, but couldn't see it. 

Thanks -Bob

I found the Airport Pack in the Orbx folder. If there's no reasons not to, I guess I could do a manual uninstall, and then run the new installer in the Freeware products page.

Thanks - Bob

1 hour ago, BBCM said:

Thanks for replying Larry, but...FTX Central? What Category (area) is the Airport pack under? I looked through P3Dv4 FTX Central, but couldn't see it. 

Thanks -Bob

Sir, The Global Airport pack is in the Global section, where one would expect it.

1 hour ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Sir, The Global Airport pack is in the Global section, where one would expect it.

That's where I would have thought so too, except the Airport Pack is not showing in my Global Range category in FTX Central.

I haven't updated the Airport Pack for some time, so maybe that's why it's not showing. Everything else in the Global Range category is showing ok (I have all available Global Range products), and FTX Central is up to date..

That's fine then: I'll manually uninstall the old Airport Pack and install the new.

Thanks for the replies - Bob

Archived