Southampton/Sumburgh airport installation Mac

kenclare

Please help I am a relative newbie but have successfully installed all three True Earth UK Scenery packs on my mac. I have bought Southampton and Sumburgh and tried to install last night. After reading forums I wonder if missing Orbx libraries is the problem. Downloaded today and its a folder with seven zip files in. Not sure what to do with them and where to put them - all help appreciated. I realise I am probably missing something obvious. Thanks in advance for help.

Log.txt

28 minutes ago, kenclare said:

Thanks for your help Doug I am banging my head with lots of zip files. I will keep on digging 

I'm assuming you've downloaded the cross-platform download from the Support Page. Currently Version 1.6. If you have lots of zip files in your download I would suggest that you've got the manual download (from the Freeware Page) rather than the cross-platform download from the Support Page.

That should give you a download called Orbx_OrbxlibsXP160_CrossPlatform

Inside that are: 

a text file 'CrossPlatform Installation Readme .txt' This is the instruction file

and a folder called - Orbx_OrbxlibsXP

Simply drag the Orbx_OrbxlibsXP into your Custom Scenery Folder and it's done. Simple as that. If you have an older Orbx_OrbxlibsXP, delete that first.

Once you've run X-Plane you may need to re-order the library entry in your scenery_packs.ini. I put mine below any Orbx airfields but above TE entries. Don't know if that's correct but everything seems to work!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived