Control Tower as simobject

I have installed the FTX Control tower....If I select the active runway...does that mean that I am sitting on the active runway like an aircraft and blocking the runway? I have Voxatc 7.42 installed and I installed the panel into the Control Tower...Is there a way to select "atis" etc or no and are there views inside the tower. New to this.

Thank you,

may look to see if any youtube videos on this tower.

Thank you,

An Avid FTX consumer,

BobM.

I don't believe there's a separate product called "FTX Control tower" unless you're trying to do your own April Fool's joke. If this is for real, and since there's no support in this part of the forum, you'll want to respond with what sim and what Orbx product you're asking about so a moderator can send this to the appropriate support forum.

From page 8 of the FTX AU AI Traffic User Guide.

"For Planespotters – Control Tower Mode
You will find two Control Towers have been added to your Aircraft Selection menu. These towers are just a rehash of the P3D Default Control Tower to make them selectable for any airport as you would with a regular aircraft. There are two towers, one set at about 20 metres and one at about 60 metres.

The selected tower will start at the chosen start position at the airport, usually the active runway. Once the P3D session has started, you will need to slew the tower to an appropriate location at the airport to observe the activities.

There are two views for each tower, virtual cockpit will give you an unobstructed view of the airport in all directions while the 2D view will give you the airport radar plus associated information boards. Various systems will generally have a different keyboard mapping, but for my system, hitting the ‘A’ key alternates between the two different views.

If you choose not to have the towers, they can be removed by deleting the two folders FTX_AU Control Tower – High Level and FTX_AU Control Tower – Low Level from your SimObjects\Airplanes folder."

Sorry Nick...its P3dv4.4....Just curious...if I wanted to hear Voxatc and I installed the gauge from voxatc into the program...would I not need a soundai in the folder for say the High level tower to  hear it...kinda like aircraft do? 

Warmest and Bestest,

BobM.

Archived