Coming to an airport near you

Patrick Cox

'soon'

Recently I put my hand up to do a repaint of the Carenado C-185F for a forum member. After about a week of frustration trying to line up the textures I gave up. However after a bit of thought I decided not to give up so easily and chose a rather easy scheme to do. A couple of shots are below:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Although the Australian Army did not use the 185 they had several C-180s as Forward Control aircraft so this repaint is a ficticious job. After a bit of cleaning up and adjustments it should be ready to upload sometime next week.

Cheers

Pat

LOOK AT YOU! thats awesome Pat,  and starting on a carenado bird is a baptism of fire, they are well known in the painting world for having crappy textures and reverse texture areas, alas they seem unconcerned and continue to churn them out like that.  As for lining up stuff, welcome to painting mate, frustration goes along with it.  I usually have several paints on the go at once so when I get frustrated with one I move on to another and just shift the frustration around lol.

I'm currently doing a paint on this bird as well Pat and I agree with Ryan.

The texture sheet with the Carenado birds are crap. Reverse texture sheet on the fin!!!!

How are you supposed to put a Rego on that??

Other than that, they are beautiful to fly.

Oh, don't want to be picky Pat, but I don't think any Department of Defence aircraft sport a defence serial (A98-336) and a civilian rego (VH-HQA) as well,

Good job, mate,

Frank

Archived