Channel Islands? Isles of Scilly?

This probably reflects more on my pathetic internet search skills more than anything, but I have been looking in the forum here and Googling, trying to ascertain whether TEGB includes these islands or not - in vain.

I had assumed 'yes' (though they do not appear on the red 'area covered' in the pdf), but flying into Jersey today, I got what you see in the screenshot, with cars running down the 'cliff' face. So either they have not been included (hopefully they will be added in an update at some stage, in that case?), or something has gone very wrong.

Thanks!

EDIT: Ah, OK - just found something about Earth Simulations.. in January it was announced, I now see, that Alderney was 'in beta'. I haven't tried flying there yet, but clearly, unless something has gone wrong with my setup, Jersey is not there yet. I assume that both groups of islands will be added in full in due course then...  :rolleyes: Nice.

EGJJ.jpg

Channel Islands no

Really?? I read from ORBX in January that Alderney was in beta. Is there a problem with getting data for the Channel Islands that prevents it being included in GB scenery?

If ORBX come back and say 'no', CI will not be included, I'll spend time correcting my Ortho4XP scenery (may be that the screen shot was without Ortho4XP scenery as I removed it when I installed TEGB of course). If they confirm the islands will appear, I'll not bother.

As for the Scilly Isles, I used to have the Earth Simulations sceneries in FSX and they were great. I hardly ever flew FSX though (I am one of those many Luddites who preferred FS9) so am looking forward to the islands reappearing in TEGB (they weren't in SP1 were they - I didn't actually check).

Thanks!

My response was based on my interpretation of your query as to whether the CI and Scilly Isles were in TEGB.

Yes the Scilly Isles are. Check out airport EGHE.

No the Channel  Islands are not in TEGB.

Yes Orbx took over the Earth Simulations coverage of Alderney. This would be a standalone addon so not part of TEGB.

I would think that TEGB is now complete as far as land coverage is concerned. The forthcoming SPs would probably be mainly additional POIs and bug repairs, rather than more land coverage like the rest of NI for example or the Channel Islands, but only Orbx could answer that.

Archived