GB True North, Cities covered in Trees

rossyed44

Hi, 

I seem to have a problem with GB True North and cities being covered in trees.

Would anyone know what could be causing this?

I have GB True South installed and don't have the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Cheers

Covered in trees? It's better than being covered in bees!

Video removed by moderator

Sorry bad jokes and bad movies especially make me laugh.

Does the problem exist only with TE GB North install?

Do you have any other scenery that could interfere such as HD trees?

~Maybe you can take a screenshot and upload your log.txt and scenery_packs.ini?

I never actually got the reference because the moderator removed the vid lol. I respect the effort though :P

Yeah, it only seems to be TE GB North.

Here are some screen shots. I never actually realised how much custom scenery I had, must have been building up over the years ha. It does look a  bit messy though. 

All cities i've flown over look this.

Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.27 - 20.11.13.11.png

Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.27 - 20.11.33.87.png

Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.27 - 20.12.41.08.png

Scenery log 1.PNG1859020229_log2.PNG.b91f84ceab8279fce6314b730ccb9e0e.PNGlog 3.PNG

The reference was a clip from the dreadful but unintentionally hilarious remake of the Wicker man, type Wickerman comedy trailer to get the gist (It was supposed to be a horror/thriller)

I can't see much wrong on those screenshots except for the odd missing exclusion zone but even Xplane vanilla has trees on roads and stuff here and there.

Britain does have a lot of trees even in urban areas if you are not from the UK.

That said you could do with doing some gardening in your custom scenery, there are a few weeds there and pruning will help loading times.

The main thing to look for would be anything that could conflict with TE GB North region.

If you have the disk space I would move the custom scenery folder out of Xplane directory onto your desktop or something and then run Xplane installer to get the default custom scenery folder then try see how it looks tree wise.

After that I would make shortcuts to the OrbX TE North scenery in the custom folder you moved and place them in your new custom scenery folder.

Run Xplane until you hit the first menu and quit and then check your scenery_ini is in order, if not edit and save and the run Xplane and check TE North again.

If it solves the issue you know it was something else in your custom folder that was the cause. 

Some cities in TE North have random generated trees around cities because we couldn't obtain tree data yet for Scotland. It was either this or having no trees at all in residential areas.

However, we are working on improving this in service packs for some urban areas by placing the trees by hand as we await updated data.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 8:46 AM, tonywob said:

Some cities in TE North have random generated trees around cities because we couldn't obtain tree data yet for Scotland. It was either this or having no trees at all in residential areas.

However, we are working on improving this in service packs for some urban areas by placing the trees by hand as we await updated data.

Ah I see, no worries at all then! 

Thanks for letting me know:)

Archived