TEGB muted/dull colours/tears in texture..

I purchased and installed all three TEGB packages yesterday and have, of course, been testing...

On the whole it looks very good, but I am a bit concerned about two things (so far). First, is the dark, dull colours of some of the textures. My a/c and the sky look fine so I don't want to brighten my monitor: maybe you can see what I mean from the screenshots. It all looks like the weather is dull and overcast, whereas the skies are clear and the sun is shining.

I am also getting 'tears' in the textures, again as in the screenshot.

Any comments about/fixes for this please?

Thanks!

a319_6.jpg

a319_5.jpg

Hello,

given how many ways there are to modify the way that X Plane 11 looks, I think you need only

use at least one of them to tune it to your satisfaction.

Personally, I don't like the thick mist that prevails everywhere and makes it hard to pick anything out.

Someone else reported that anomaly, which is out at sea where there are no TEGB textures but the next

time he opened X Plane 11 it was gone.

Hi Nick. Thanks. The thing is, outside of ORBX, the ground looks just fine. In the UK it is far darker and 'muted' - as if the XP11 sun were not shining (which of course is often the way here in the real-world UK, though not today, at least down here in Hampshire). I'll brighten up my monitor slightly, but too much will make things look washed out elsewhere.

The 'tears' are a pity - yes, they occur within ORBX's area, but at sea (haven't noticed any on land yet, though as I say, I only bought the sceneries yesterday) where there are no dds files. May just have to turn a blind eye to it (as I did in Ortho4XP).

Archived