TE UK South SP1 (Mac) FPS!!!!

muso7

Hi guys

Love ORBX - fabulous update but I'm getting a big frame-rate hit

Anyone else found this?

Just tested identical setup/location/aircraft etc pre SP1 and post SP1:-
(I don't have a super powerful system) - was always getting a comfortable 25fps minimum - now struggling around 11fps

The look of the SP1 update is fantastic but I don't know if I can cope with the fps discomfort......

Cheers

Pete :-)

Just a quick PS - have been advised to create a support item for this which I have done - could well be a problem in my environment.

Sorry - didn't want to "frighten" anyone!!

Cheers

Mark

I'm seeing reduced frame rates too after SP1-  down by up to 10 FPS compared to pre SP1. But note that Pete & I are running on a Mac, not the PC version so things may be different. Not a clue why, but pre SP1 it was running extremely well on not particularly well Spec'd Mac.

Pete

I've put my details & findings on your other post.

Tony

Tried resetting preferences but no change to frame rates, still significantly lower than pre SP1. I’m assuming that shadercache is an Nvidia or Windows only issue as there isn’t a shadercache folder in Preferences.

Funny thing though, even with frame rates varying between 15 and mid 20’s, flying is still buttery smooth, scenery sharp and no lagging, stuttering or the like that one would expect with FSX at such low frame rates. 

So despite the lower FPS the XP/TE combination really is most forgiving on a Mac with nowhere near state of the art specs! 

Thanks John for the link - will look into that too although have already tried some of it.

I am thinking this is a Mac SP1 distribution related issue - would love to know if anyone else (i.e. Mac user) has experienced this like Tony above....

Cheers

Pete

You have two topics about the same issue now. This is how resolutions to problems get slowed down.

I believe Tony has provided a solution in your other support topic, which mainly relates to you only having a 2GB video card on your Mac, and the PBR autogen being too much for it to handle.

Yep - my apologies for the 2 topics - originally I was not thinking this was a "support" issue.

Feel free to lock this topic as I fully understand the issue relating to "dual topics" as I administer a forum myself.

So please accept my apologies and I will continue to find my solution in the support topic.

Kind regards

Archived