Snow Texture Over Mexico City Area

the problem it present all over the central region of mexico even close to the coast near acapulco and ixtapa zihuatanejo, they appear like small squares.

Or tell me what do you need to know so I an give you the information, thanks.

Hello,

can you also verify files for Global Base.

Then go to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

and delete terrain.cfg.

Start P3D and load a flight, this will create a new copy.

Then close P3D, run FTX Central and wait for it to activate Orbx scenery.

Close FTX Central and try P3D again.

If that still doesn't work, please make a screen shot of anywhere that you see those textures.

If you add coordinates, I can see what texture I am seeing instead.

Thanks.

I have that snow too, I was flying out of Mexico City when I encountered with this sections of snow on this area (Which isn't cold at all) I've made what you suggest Nick but that didn't resolve anything. Hope there's a way to fix this! Thank you! My ORBX products are: Global, Open LC North America and HD Trees. I attached some photos with their coordinates.

Regards!

Prepar3D Screenshot 2019.03.12 - 12.01.38.11.png

Prepar3D Screenshot 2019.03.12 - 12.05.35.42.png

Prepar3D Screenshot 2019.03.12 - 12.08.10.46.jpg

Hi there,

are you perhaps using a third-party landclass add-on for the area? If so it may call incorrect textures. If you're not sure you can post your active scenery.cfg file, located at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Cheers, Holger

Hello, @Holger Sandmann Sorry for delay I've been a bit busy, as far as I know I dont have any landclass or something on that area all my sceneries have been added with the xml method I've deactivated the sceneries around the area but with no success. I also want to add I'm using FS Global 2018 mesh 

terrain.cfg scenery.cfg

Hi Mauricio,

the mesh file won't cause an issue like this, it's simply a matter of incorrect textures displaying for a given landclass, in your case a rock&ice texture instead of an agricultural one.

The scenery.cfg looks OK (the terrain.cfg too) though if you have add-ons via xml then they won't show up in there anyway.

Perhaps you can run a system-wide search for "002i2fa1.bmp" and list the exact folder locations where it occurs. That's the name of one of the texture tiles for that agricultural class. One of them should reside in \ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_NA1\Texture, which is the one that is supposed to get displayed. There's another one in \Scenery\World\Texture, which isn't being used by openLC NA. Perhaps there are other active ones on your system...

Cheers, Holger 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

please do as Holger says and take a look at the bmp images.

If you need it, you can open them using DXTbmp which you can find here.

http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm

The download link is at the bottom of the page.

For example ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_NA1\Texture\ 002i2fa1.bmp should look like this:

Untitled.jpg

You are looking for one that looks like snow.

Hello,

that looks like the default texture, in Scenery\World\texture?

What does ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_NA1\Texture\ 002i2fa1.bmp look like?

How many copies of 002i2fa1.bmp do you have?

A full installation of Orbx products should include all of these.

Untitled.jpg

Nick Cooper and Holger Sandmann, the problem of the esenario was already solved, the issue was an
addon scenery of airports in mexico that we have installed and that was what led to conflict with orbx,
they went down to yours esenarios and deactivated others that makes conflict, being resolved completely, 
I appreciate your interest in this topic.

Archived