KTEX dark shadow anomaly on apron

Indy511

What could be causing this dark shadow anomaly? P3Dv4.4. You can see where the tiles are joined (red arrows). Settings are shown below. No change after a reinstall.

Edit: I just installed to P3Dv3 and seeing the same thing.

0JyNp5i.jpg
s21JPmJ.jpg

a7D9PHH.jpg

miso8r4.jpg

MXSJYot.jpg

G'day Bill, 

Amazing find - there are a couple of missing textures for this spot, which have evaded notice from myself, the beta team, reviewers and customers ever since the product was released! My apologies - I have no idea how these slipped through unnoticed for so long. 

To fix:

- Download and unzip the attached file. 

- Drop the four dds textures into your ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KTEX\Texture folder

The seamline issue falls into the category of "working around quirks in the FSX/P3D scenery engine" - essentially a workaround for GP issues caused at lower mip-map levels in FSX. It is most visible during early/late winter where the snow is patchy; and whilst it can be reverted back for P3D users (where the rendering issue is far less of a problem), it will involve major surgery and would need to be assigned to a service pack later down the track. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

KTEX_SP_Textures.zip

The patch works well.  Seems that close attention has to be paid to the control panel for this airport.  I had a big hole in the textures next to the runway, but on checking the CP I had a couple of the options wrong, Vector was unticked, and the detail was set to mid but I then ticked the highest detail option, and the problem went away.

Still an amazing airport to fly in and out of.

14 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day Bill, 

Amazing find - there are a couple of missing textures for this spot, which have evaded notice from myself, the beta team, reviewers and customers ever since the product was released! My apologies - I have no idea how these slipped through unnoticed for so long. 

To fix:

- Download and unzip the attached file. 

- Drop the four dds textures into your ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KTEX\Texture folder

The seamline issue falls into the category of "working around quirks in the FSX/P3D scenery engine" - essentially a workaround for GP issues caused at lower mip-map levels in FSX. It is most visible during early/late winter where the snow is patchy; and whilst it can be reverted back for P3D users (where the rendering issue is far less of a problem), it will involve major surgery and would need to be assigned to a service pack later down the track. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

KTEX_SP_Textures.zip 2.12 MB · 18 downloads

Original issue is resolved. Solution worked...

However, upon arriving to the airport for departure I run into some folks at the enterance. They seem to be behaving strangely.
It appears some of the people flow coordinates got shifted to the right. The 2 gentleman I guess should be sitting at table talking to the guy standing. And the woman should be standing at top of steps.

OPOrrnT.jpg

OfEqU6G.jpg

And a couple guys hiding from the boss.

FJGjs8I.jpg

Archived